Options

Vista Exams

phil31phil31 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all
Just thought i would introduce myself with a question?

I am a Wintel Analyst by trade but i seem to be more interested in Vista then the Server editions at the moment. What would be the best Vista exams to do. I just did the 70-260 to get my MCSA and realy enjoyed studying for it.

Any suggestions on the next Vista exam i should do?

Thanks
Phil

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    70-622 should get you the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    phil31phil31 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea maybe, anyone done that?
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I did the 71-621, which is the upgrade exam from the MCDST (so it's a combination of the 70-620 & the 70-622). In my opinion, it's a good exam to go for, both exams together are, imo, harder than the MCDST but it does cover alot more of MS technology than the MCDST (so no surprise there).

Or you could go for the 70-623 and with the 70-620, you get the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician. This would be a good choice if you do not support Vista machines in a domain envirnoment. Don't know anything else about this exam as I haven't done it :)

-ken
  • Options
    tonyhhtonyhh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I've just started studying for the 70-621 exam. I believe the exam is in 2 parts 70-620 then 70-622. Do you have to pass both parts of the exam or is it an average score of both parts together to pass?
    Also, does it give you your score at the end of the first part (70-621) before starting the second part?

Thanks

TonyHH
  • Options
    dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tonyhh wrote:
    Hi
    I've just started studying for the 70-621 exam. I believe the exam is in 2 parts 70-620 then 70-622. Do you have to pass both parts of the exam or is it an average score of both parts together to pass?
    Also, does it give you your score at the end of the first part (70-621) before starting the second part?

Thanks

TonyHH

Hi Tony,

You have to pass both parts to pass the exam and no it doesnt give you the score of each section after you finsih, you end the first exam and start the next with the score coming once you have completed the final section
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    dave_ne1 wrote:
    tonyhh wrote:
    Hi

Thanks

TonyHH

Hi Tony,

You have to pass both parts to pass the exam and no it doesnt give you the score of each section after you finsih, you end the first exam and start the next with the score coming once you have completed the final section

I thought it was an average. I only got about 50% in the 622 but about 95% in the 620 part.
    ~Thiassi