Options

dynagen, problem with idlepc values

marco_feramarco_fera Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum.

I have a problem related to idlepc values to use with Dynagen, it seems I cannot use more than one router at a time without having the CPU at 100%, here's what happens to me:

1) if I start a scenario with one router, when it loads the cpu goes at 100%, I set the idlepc value and the cpu goes back to normal values, everything's fine

2) if I start a scenario with two routers, I start them one at a time and I apply idlepc values to each of them. When only one of the routers is running the cpu is ok, but when I load the other one and I have them run together the cpu runs at 100%, even if the idlepc values have been set correctly (in fact the cpu utilization drops if I stop one of the two routers).

Here's my pc config

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.21ghz
1gb of Ram 400mhz
I tried with this image c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-5a

Any help would be much appreciated, my pc is a bit old but not that old not to support two routers!
Many thanks
Marco

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The idle pc value is dependant on the IOS, if you're using different IOS versions for the routers you will need to determine the correct idlepc for each image, or you ma not have it specified in your startup file for each router. Additionally you may not be using the best idlepc value for the image, I would suggest trying some of the other values to see if you get a different result.

If it's fine when you have just 'R1' then you start 'R2' and it hits 100%, what happens if you stop R1 and leave R2 run?
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    marco_feramarco_fera Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I selected another value and I stated the idlepc values in the lab file, now it seems to be working.

The problem is that I was not stating the values in the lab file, I just saved them with
    "idlepc save R1 db", but I thought this overrided every other setting in the lab files.

I'll make other tests with more and more routers, I'll test the limits of my poor pc.
    However thank you very much :D