Options

Printer Permissions

qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to figure out if giving someone the Manage Printer permission automatically gives them the ability to do everything that someone with the Manage Documents permission can do. Or do I have to assign the user both permissions? Any help is appreciated.
"If you will it Dude, it is no dream."

Comments

• Options
    BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    From the Technotes from this site:

Manage Documents Allows a user to print and manage their own print job as well as other users' print jobs. This includes pausing, restarting and removing print jobs from the print queue.

Manage Printers Allows a user to configure and remove the printer, share the printer and set permissions for the Printer, in addition to all task allowed by Manage Documents. Administrators and Power Users have Manage Printer permission by default.

Check out the technotes, they're a great read icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    qs1pos wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out if giving someone the Manage Printer permission automatically gives them the ability to do everything that someone with the Manage Documents permission can do. Or do I have to assign the user both permissions? Any help is appreciated.

you are right.
    manage printer> manage documents; and Manage Printer Permission includes Manage Documents
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Correct me if I am wrong,

but doesn't something automagically have the ability to manage their own documents when they have the right to print? Or can it be configured, so they cannot cancel their own documents?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    You are correct, but the manage documents permission allows the user to manage documents that they do not own.

-Travis
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the experience on my lab.
    user 1: administrator account, has a print job
    user2: limited account, has a print job; Manage Documents permissions.
    user2 can cancel his print job or cancel all print jobs. He can not cancel other print jobs individually.