Linux+ Need some help with questions

OoshOosh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have some questions regarding Linux+ that I would be very greatful if somebody could answer, they are:

1. If u modify the permissions of a soft (or hard) link what happens to the permissions of the file itself? Will they have seperate permissions or do they both share the same?

2. Which file system would you use for a system that runs both Windows and Linux OS's?

3. What command would you use to mount a network folder?

4. What is the correct command to format a filesystem to reiserfs using mkfs?

5. You have x amount of memory what size should your swap file be?

6. You have properly installed and configured a sound card. You attempt to play an mp3 but nothing is heard, this is because?

7. The correct command to access info pages is?

8. What command other than echo $HOME displays the home directory?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with these questions.

Comments

• OoshOosh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My exam is on Friday icon_sad.gif

Someone have a shot! I dare you :P
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe this post was already removed once, but let me explain why:

#1. It looks like your homework assignment or questions from a braindump, which are not tolerated here.

#2. If you are having trouble understanding a question or a problem, we will gladly help, but posting a list of questions that could easily be found by a google search or wikipedia makes it look like you are too lazy and want someone else to do the work for you. We are a helpful community, but we are not crazy about doing someone else's work for them when you make no indication of having tried to figure these out for yourself.

Had you asked one or two of those questions and said "This is what I thought" or "this is what the answer seems to be, but I don't understand why", then we'd be glad to help.

Please post back if you would like more specific help than "What are the answers to this list of questions?".
    All things are possible, only believe.
    I have already tried to find the answers to the questions and have not found them or have had different answers for the same questions and would like help with clarification. These questions are similiar questions I had in the exam 3 weeks ago when I failed (meaning they could potentially help other people out reading this post who are going to attempt the Linux+ exam themselves).

I am resitting the exam on Friday and was wondering if anyone could help me out on the areas Iam not sure on.

If I was on the other end of these questions and I knew the answer I would gladly help that person out and not feel like I was "doing his homework".
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oosh wrote:
    These questions are similiar questions I had in the exam 3 weeks ago when I failed (meaning they could potentially help other people out reading this post who are going to attempt the Linux+ exam themselves).

In that case you could be in violation of the Non-Disclosure agreement you clicked "I Agree" to on the exam.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/canidate_agreement.aspx
    3. CONFIDENTIALITY OF EXAMINATION MATERIALS
    Examination Materials are the proprietary, confidential and copyrighted materials of CompTIA. Any disclosure of the contents of any CompTIA certification examination is strictly prohibited. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of all Examination Materials and you agree not to disclose, publish, reproduce, distribute, post or remove from the examination room, any portion of the Examination Materials. Violators of copyright law are subject to injunctions, civil liability, forfeiture of profits, punitive damages and other legal sanctions. CompTIA will take appropriate legal action against you to protect CompTIA's rights if you breach the provisions of this Section.

Oosh wrote:
    If I was on the other end of these questions and I knew the answer I would gladly help that person out and not feel like I was "doing his homework".

And if I had a post removed from a forum, I would PM a moderator before reposting it to find out why it was removed.

As an aside, I did a google search on info+pages+command+linux and the second hit was this:
    http://www.datastronghold.com/security-articles/general-computing/using-the-linux-info-command---to-get-info-on-a-linux-command.html

But in case yo want the answer and not a link it's:
    info+command
    All things are possible, only believe.
    If iam in violation then please remove this thread.
  • pjdarmispjdarmis Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the soft link is only modify the original remains untouched it just like mapping drives in windows.
    you can use ext3 on your partitioned hdd for a dual boot system. I'll have to look @ the rest of yur questions for mo icon_cool.gif
    pjdarmis
    Oosh wrote:
    I have some questions regarding Linux+ that I would be very greatful if somebody could answer, they are:

1. If u modify the permissions of a soft (or hard) link what happens to the permissions of the file itself? Will they have seperate permissions or do they both share the same?

2. Which file system would you use for a system that runs both Windows and Linux OS's?

3. What command would you use to mount a network folder?

4. What is the correct command to format a filesystem to reiserfs using mkfs?

5. You have x amount of memory what size should your swap file be?

6. You have properly installed and configured a sound card. You attempt to play an mp3 but nothing is heard, this is because?

7. The correct command to access info pages is?

8. What command other than echo $HOME displays the home directory?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with these questions.

for no.3 MAN mount (also do some research on NFS)

for no.4 MAN mkfs

make swap should be X * 2

depending on your distro you'll have the check out the sound config utils
    pjdarmis
    but I must agree with sprkymrk; but I understand being needy ;)
    pjdarmis
    I failed again icon_sad.gif

Thanks everyone for your help I am going to read through a book called "Linux+ Certification Bible" and then sit it again.

I apologise if anyone has been annoyed by any of my previous postings I just want to pass this damn exam.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oosh wrote:
    I failed again icon_sad.gif

Thanks everyone for your help I am going to read through a book called "Linux+ Certification Bible" and then sit it again.

I apologise if anyone has been annoyed by any of my previous postings I just want to pass this damn exam.

Why don't you post what you think the answer to your own questions are?

Have you tried any kind of test lab environment?

What are your motives for passing the Linux+?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    How long did you spend studying and using Linux?