Options

cable specs

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys
this will probably sound pretty basic stuff, but does anyone have any good ways of remembering cable specs as i preparing for the exam and seem to be doing pretty well with everything else, but struggling to remember these, and dont want to drop silly marks.

thanks in advance

carl icon_redface.gif
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cable specs are a pain in the rear to remember. I would suggest creating some flash cards. Just keep on and on trying your best to remember as many as you can without looking. LEave out the easy ones like 10baseT, thicknet and thinnet. Flip through them untill you can remember at least 90% of them.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, i will give it a try :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    lengilengi Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    7255carl wrote:
    hi guys
    this will probably sound pretty basic stuff, but does anyone have any good ways of remembering cable specs as i preparing for the exam and seem to be doing pretty well with everything else, but struggling to remember these, and dont want to drop silly marks.

thanks in advance

carl icon_redface.gif

Separate your flaschcards in Speed-Categories and concentrate on the media type (like 10BaseFL=mulitmode fiber or 1000BaseCX = copper) ,the connector type and distance.

Just passed N+ in Switzerland today and the cable specs questions were only about the media and the connector types
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I put mine in a chart, grouping them by like items. Then, I was able to quickly memorize the bulk of the specs, and focus on the ones that didn't have anything in common. For example, if you put all the T cables, together, they are always 100m distance limits. Then I made up names calling LX the luxury model, and the CX to be "cut", and I could remember it's distance was shorter than the LX.

Remember the test will be multiple choice, so it's a matter of "recognizing" the correct answer.

Good luck!
  • Options
    thanks for all your help on that one guys, i appreciate it :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops