Options

Do you think im ready? 70-290

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been revising pretty much constantly for the 70-290 exam, i know a lot more now about server 2003 than i ever did before. I have been working in IT for about a year and a half, i gained my A+ last year and decided to go on to server stuff.

I have been taking Transcender tests for about a month now and i am starting to get more in the region of 75% - 90% correct. My boss has literally just taken his 70-290 exam (about 2 weeks ago) and he used transcender. He said he was getting around 70% in test mode and passed with a 930 give or take 3%.

I haven't set up lots of labs but i have helped my boss implement a new 2003 native network. and i have read the entire 70-290 second revision MCP microsoft press book.

My main question is, should i book in for the test? or do you think i should study actually doing the scenarios a lot first? or am i ready? My average score is probably around 80% on my transcenders.

all your advice has always been useful in the past and i hope to visit back in the future!!!

thanks.
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    well either everybody is obviously quiet or you have no idea, i would like an answer sometime :) lol.
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    are you ready? That's the big question... Part of it comes down to how well you feel "yourself". YOu can say you studied for X,Y,Z hours over this material...but it all comes down to how well your study went. Before you test I would say work over the labs of whatever you feel least comfortable with. Then when your good with that take it.
  • Options
    hey, thanks for the reply. i just wondered what other people thought from their own experience of taking the ms pro exams!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wedge554 wrote:
    I have been taking Transcender tests for about a month now and i am starting to get more in the region of 75% - 90% correct. My boss has literally just taken his 70-290 exam (about 2 weeks ago) and he used transcender. He said he was getting around 70% in test mode and passed with a 930 give or take 3%.

Are the Transcender tests ones you have taken before or are they new? If you have taken them before and are getting 90% it may be because you have memorized the answers. What I am trying to say is unless you have never seen the transcender questions before that won't be a good way to measure whether you are ready to take the real exam. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    i have definately not remembered the answers to the questions, i tend to memorise how i would do it in my head. besides, it must be working, i set up a trust yesterday and configured group policy logon settings without any management problems whatsoever. (291) i know, i have seen a pattern with ms exams, they incorporate other knowledge aswel.