2005 Objectives??

RichAsskikrRichAsskikr Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ive noticed on the TechNotes, it says "CompTIA removed 10Base2 and 10Base5 from the exam objectives with the Network+ 2005 update". Does this mean they are NOT covered on the exam?

Possibly a daft question I know, but it can certainly help with revision :D

Comments

• Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    Correct, 10Base2 and 10Base5 are not covered on the Network+ exam. You can find the full revision notes here: http://certification.comptia.org

Section 1.3 notes the removal of 10Base2 and 10Base5.

Interesting though, those notes say gigabit ethernet was taken off the exam, but the objectives still include the common gigabit specs (and I'd definitely know those). However, 10Base2-5 are not even listed on the objectives, so you're good there. That's two down! =p

Net+ 2005 objectives are here:

http://certification.comptia.org/

edit: Didn't realize the links wouldn't prompt for registration. It's fairly easy to navigate the site to find the corresponding links if you need them though, OP.

{edit: Please register for the FREE download of the objectives}
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ive noticed on the TechNotes, it says "CompTIA removed 10Base2 and 10Base5 from the exam objectives with the Network+ 2005 update". Does this mean they are NOT covered on the exam?

Whatever material appears on the objectives if fair game for your exam. If you work with networks it's only a few minutes of review to recall the specs on 10Base2. So I would recommend you focus on the objectives.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RichAsskikrRichAsskikr Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:

Whatever material appears on the objectives if fair game for your exam. If you work with networks it's only a few minutes of review to recall the specs on 10Base2. So I would recommend you focus on the objectives.

Yeah, I understand what your saying and im certainly not after taking any shortcuts. I just dont want to be concentrating too hard on stuff that doesnt apply :D