Passed ICND1 640-822 Exam Today

nick_laitnick_lait Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've been hanging on this forum for a while now but I thought I would post to say thanks for helping me pass my ICND1 exam.

I noticed there do not seem to be many posts on here to do with the new exams so I thought I'd let everyone know I have taken it and give you the opporunity to ask any questions etc.

My exam was 56 questions with a 804 pass score. (I scored 831). It was a 90 min exam with approx 4 multi answer questions. I finished with about 10 mins to go.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Roll on ICND2!

Nick
CCENT icon_wink.gif

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great stuff :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • japlasmajaplasma Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nick_lait wrote:
    Hi all,

Roll on ICND2!

Nick
    CCENT icon_wink.gif

Congrats!

What materials(books - old or new, gear, sims e.t.c) did you use to prepare for it?

Thanks
  • nick_laitnick_lait Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all,

I was fortunate enough to have my company pay for me to go on the ICND1 course. So I used the course material to study and the Boson Netsim for practical stuff.

I studied an hour a day for the three weeks leading up to my exam and used www.subnettingquestions.com to test my subnetting skills!

Hope this helps

Nick
  • zafar2002zafar2002 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have just started studying for ICND1, can you please tell me what material you have used. You can message me privately if you like and good luck with your ICND2.

Zaf
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    So what did ya think of the exam I thought about taking it to add the CCENT to go along with my CCNA I hope to achieve in a few weeks...
  • talktoabutalktoabu Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Nick,

Congratz.. Can you please tell specific books which you used and how much of lab practice you have done to accomplish this.

thanks..
  • nick_laitnick_lait Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

The only books I used were the books you are given when you take the 5 day ICND1 course. I must say that there are HUGE advantages in being taught the material from an instructor as well.

In terms of labs as I said I used Boson Netsim and created some basic LANs and WANS. I did find quite a few bugs in the sim so I will be looking to get hold of some Cisco hardware for ICND2.

The exam itself was quite tough. The second question was a rather daunting sim with multiple tasks (MODERATED etc - wasn't expecting this!).

Also lots of questions on packet delivery process and a really cool simlet about CDP.

All in all there was nothing shocking in the exam. If you learn the topics you will pass!

Oh and the "?" does work but the tab doesn't.

Cheers

Nick
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Congratulations on certification! Great score. You knew the material well, too, since you had plenty of time left after finishing (I finally passed on my third attempt and had 26 minutes left!)

On to CCNP?
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • popeye8409popeye8409 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the CCENT exam today and passed it with an 888. It was only 40 questions and really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  • poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    Nick,

You'll want to edit out the ******** works, but the ****** didn't part. That's going into slightly more detail than you really want to.

Good luck with the ICND2!! I passed my CCENT last Monday, and I am seriously considering going for the ICND2 tommorrow afternoon...

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
    popeye8409 wrote: »
    passed
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    pogue wrote: »
    you'll want to edit out the ******** works, but the ****** didn't part.
    It's in the CCNA FAQ -- Tab Completion and ? will usually work in SIMs.
  • poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    mikej412 wrote: »

Ahhhh..Mah badd....

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    mikej412 wrote: »

When I took the CCNA about 6 months ago the ? worked fine but the tab didn't. Won't take shortened commands either.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Now on to the important stuff! drunken_smilie.gif
  • cisco_lovercisco_lover Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • ArjayArjay Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What topics were covered ?
    Arjay wrote: »
    What topics were covered ?
    Cisco posts the exam topics for all their exams. You need a free user login to see the topics listed on The Cisco Learning Network.

Here's the link to the ICND1 exam blueprint

• diluxe1diluxe1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !
    A+ certified, to finish bachelors degree expectation July 2010, and to get CCENT by March 2010!!!!
  • biggy145biggy145 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrat... can you tell us how much config you have to do in the exam, cheers !!!
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads on the test.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    biggy145 wrote: »
    congrat... can you tell us how much config you have to do in the exam, cheers !!!

Due to the NDA he isn't going to be able to go into that much detail.

Seriously folks, like mikej412 said focus on the exam objectives and you will be fine. It's not easy, but is totally doable with diligent studies and determination.

Congratulations BTW. icon_thumright.gif
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • aashanaashan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nick_lait wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been hanging on this forum for a while now but I thought I would post to say thanks for helping me pass my ICND1 exam.

I noticed there do not seem to be many posts on here to do with the new exams so I thought I'd let everyone know I have taken it and give you the opporunity to ask any questions etc.

My exam was 56 questions with a 804 pass score. (I scored 831). It was a 90 min exam with approx 4 multi answer questions. I finished with about 10 mins to go.

Roll on ICND2!

Nick
    CCENT icon_wink.gif

Hello,

I plan to take the test in 2 weeks time. I have been reading the forums and seen ppl telling that there are sims about WAN configurations especially Frame realy. The CBT nuggets course and ICND 1 book from Sam Query does not cover these topics. Are they really on the exam??

Thanks and best regards

Aashan
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    what he said....

Looks down......
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
    aashan wrote: »
    I have been reading the forums and seen ppl telling that there are sims about ...
    Hopefully you haven't seen that here -- since that would violate the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy and Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement.

You can find the exam topics on the Cisco Learning Network ICND1 Exam web page -- you just need to create a FREE account and log in to see the topic list.
  • firas88firas88 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Nick

Congratulations on your new certificate. Wanted to ask you, in your opinion, if its possible to take the ICND1 exam with OUT registering in a course or being exposed to the actual network devices. Will the ICND1 book, the packet tracer program, and the brain **** questions do the job ???
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    firas88 wrote: »
    Hey Nick

Congratulations on your new certificate. Wanted to ask you, in your opinion, if its possible to take the ICND1 exam with OUT registering in a course or being exposed to the actual network devices. Will the ICND1 book, the packet tracer program, and the brain **** questions do the job ???

To simply answer your question...Yes, I'm sure you'll be able to pass the exam with a book, packet tracer, and brain-**** icon_lol.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    firas88 wrote: »
    Hey Nick

Brain ****? I suggest you get off this website. If you need brain **** to pass the exam, then you're an extremely inefficient technician - because in the long run, you'll just memorize the questions and not actually know how to troubleshoot problems, or even pass the exam with much knowledge. I suggest, don't ****, learn the material and then take the exam. If you don't pass, go over the areas that you were weak.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S