Options

Time limit

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is there a deadline between passing the Essentials exam and when you have to pass the elective exam?
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Options
    Anybody? I thought for an older version (somewhere pre-2003 objectives), that you had to pass the 2nd exam within 90 days of passing the first, but it has been awhile since I looked into completing the A+, so I can't remember for sure. I checked the A+ information on the CompTIA site, but didn't see anything.
    Andy

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Sorry, I missed your post earlier.

I believe it's still 90 days to pass both exams. However your question now makes me wonder if that didn't get updated as well.

I'll see what I can find out, but I'm going to guess that it still is 90.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    found the FAQ on the CompTIA website:
    Question
    To earn my CompTIA A+ credential, do I need to pass the two exams within a specified number of days?
    Answer
    No, there is no specified number of days within which you must pass the CompTIA A+ exams.
    Andy

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Very good. Thanks.

(kid got sick and spent entire time dealing with the joys of parenthood).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?