2 hours away...

bard329bard329 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
so i'm taking 70-270 in about 2 hours. it's my first MS exam. i've been studying using ****, testout and the microsoft mcsa/mcse test prep kit (all material given to me in a class i signed up for).

so wish me luck, guys

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Were did you take the class?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I tend to think that the big xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx across your screen means you been using a ****. icon_eek.gif I am curious also, what/where was the class you took?
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bard329 wrote:
    so i'm taking 70-270 in about 2 hours. it's my first MS exam. i've been studying using xxxxxxxxxxxx, testout and the microsoft mcsa/mcse test prep kit (all material given to me in a class i signed up for).

so wish me luck, guys

Good Luck on the 70-270 , but please don't tell me you used Brain **** as one of your study materials.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depressing but unfortunately a reality! icon_sad.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Good Luck!! I'm taking it Saturday so let me know how it was! icon_confused.gif
  • bard329bard329 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i was unaware that particular method was frowned upon. can someone explain to me why that is? it was recommended to me
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In the IT industry, a 'brain ****', usually spelled as a compound word braindump, refers to material that has been memorized, or captured electronically by means of a small device such as a PDA or cell phone with a built in camera, from an IT certification and re-created to provide an almost exact replica of the exam, thus violating most but not all non-disclosure agreement's agreed to prior to the administration an exam.[1] Examinees are often encouraged to remove their personal items other than their identification prior to an exam.[2]

In certification exams

The phrase "brain ****" refers to confidential information relating to examinations which is obtained by examinees who memorize, then "****" (record) the information after the examination. Brain **** are most commonly found amongst IT certification exams mainly because the exams are expensive, difficult to pass, and the questions rarely change. These type of brain **** are actual exam questions and answers that users will memorize prior to taking (or sitting for) an exam.

Brain **** of this sort often constitute cheating because the information acquired was generally taken from material that was meant to remain secure, or information copyrighted or registered as trade secrets. Many of the larger corporations, such as Microsoft, have recently begun fighting back against the companies that mass-produce brain ****.

full article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_****

Long story short, its cheating and not taking lightly in this community.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    hmm... that is very interesting... i was not aware.

i think i may have to bring something up next class
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bard329 wrote:

Please do us all a favor and tell the testing center in no uncertain terms that you are disappointed by their endorsement of brain ****. I did so at a particular test center I went to and the instructor was speechless, he had never had someone complain about that before. As a matter of fact, it was what he used to pass most of his exams.

Later, the school asked me to use my MCP status as a referral for them (they need x amount to continue being considered a MS "Partner" or something) and I turned them down flat for the same reason. They understood at that point how strongly I felt about it, and they then asked if I would ever consider taking another class at their training center, to which I replied if they drop the **** I would consider it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    bard329 wrote:

Please do us all a favor and tell the testing center in no uncertain terms that you are disappointed by their endorsement of brain ****. I did so at a particular test center I went to and the instructor was speechless, he had never had someone complain about that before. As a matter of fact, it was what he used to pass most of his exams.

Later, the school asked me to use my MCP status as a referral for them (they need x amount to continue being considered a MS "Partner" or something) and I turned them down flat for the same reason. They understood at that point how strongly I felt about it, and they then asked if I would ever consider taking another class at their training center, to which I replied if they drop the **** I would consider it.

yea now that i know all this and i did a bit of reading up on it on my own, i think i know a little better. i definately won't be signing up for any more classes with them but since this current one isnt over just yet i have no choice but to continue it since it's already paid for
    bard329 wrote:

Sounds like your response is genuine, so ill let you off the hook icon_wink.gif

but seriously, you have a class that actually endorsed this? wow.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is transcenders considered a XXX?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jbaello wrote:

No, they don't use questions stolen from the real exams.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    jbaello wrote:

nope transcenders are OK...if you really want to know, there is a nifty site that you can check companies to see if they are legit or not. I belive its http://certguard.com

BTW did that guy PASS?

snadam wrote:
    bard329 wrote:

Sounds like your response is genuine, so ill let you off the hook icon_wink.gif

but seriously, you have a class that actually endorsed this? wow.

thank you. your forgiveness means so much to me.

like i said, i'm new to all these classes and certifications. i had no idea. apparently no one else in class did either.