Options

Shared Folder Access

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
I encountered a problem when a shared folder access lost all the accounts in access control list, I take the ownership and add a user account and all members of that shared folder will be restored BUT I need to do it in all the folder and files inside the said folder. Is there a way to shortcut this by just taking the ownership of root shared folder and will inherit all....sad to say, its not inhereting.......any other way for this?

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you set the correct security permissions on the top level folder, then go to Advanced and select the checkbox "Replace permission entries on child objects with entries shown here" that would do it for NTFS/Security.

Personally, I never manage file/folder access from the "share" level. I set that to "Authenticated Users=FC" and manage permissions on the Security tab.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    If you set the correct security permissions on the top level folder, then go to Advanced and select the checkbox "Replace permission entries on child objects with entries shown here" that would do it for NTFS/Security.

Personally, I never manage file/folder access from the "share" level. I set that to "Authenticated Users=FC" and manage permissions on the Security tab.

I just make groups for the folder and assign both the shared and the NTFS permissions to those groups ( I make a read group, read/write group, and modify group ) then assign domain admins to both.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!