Options

My Monitor Goes off!.

ChamsChams Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi! All.
I have get a problem in my computer.When i switch on my PC it boots well and log on successful (WinXP).But the problem arises when i start using computer itself either by accessing folder or application software,the MONITOR GOES OFF (Means Black Screen).But the Power in Computer is OK no Problem.And no any beep.

First!,I thought it is may be a Virus.I cleaned,defrag HDD,Update the Antivirus,Running SpySweeper and other utilities for cleanin the HDD.BUT the problem remains the same when i start using computer.Strange thing is if I Leave the computer once i log on successful without accessing it,IT wont go to black Screen whole day & night BUT once I start using it.The Screen goes Off!.

Second,I thought it may be the Hard Disk or Power Supply is wrong?.I formatted HDD with everying new.BUT still computer do the Same.Checking RAM,CPU,IDE Cables Unplug,changing Slots BUT problem remains the SAME (Monitor goes off Once I start Using Computer).

Anyone who has experienced the same problem as I and Get solution.Any Idea or Solution will be Appreciated.
Thanx in Advance
:)
Holy Eucharist is LOVE

Comments

• Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    Swap the monitor and /or keyboard.
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Yes, the easiest thing to do would be trying another monitor and checking if the problem still occurs.

But it sounds to me as if a program is monitoring your keyboard or mouse input and causing the monitor to power-down. If it still happens with a different monitor, turn off any screensaver that you are using. Open the Power Option applet in Control Panel and make sure Turn Off Monitor is set to Never. If it still powers-off, restart in Safe Mode and see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't, the mischief-making program is starting in the Startup menu group or in the registry. Use msconfig to disable programs on startup until you have identified the specific program.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    could be something with the graphics card too.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    I formatted HDD with everying new.BUT still computer do the Same.Checking RAM,CPU,IDE Cables Unplug,changing Slots BUT problem remains the SAME (Monitor goes off Once I start Using Computer).
    If you format the computer and reinstall everything from scratch, you may look into the hardaware. It could be the hardware issue that memory and/or motherboard can cause this type of problem. It is especially if you own a dell computer that equips with faulty capacitors.

Please do a memory test first to ensure all memory modules are good. Get a copy of memory test utility at memtest.org and run it over night and check the result.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    My first guess would be a problem with the graphics card.

Are you running Vista or XP? (folder animations overloading a dodgy graphics card?? Never seen it myself but its rendering more than just a still desktop....)

Can you boot in VGA only mode and does the problem reoccur?

Have you updated the graphics card drivers to the latest versions?

The screen goes blank? Is the power light is still on? Does it flash at all? Any messages? (No Signal etc)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I've seen this at work as soon as windows loads the screen goes black but the light remains green, rebott the PC and see if it will go into safe mode...if so i'd say it's a driver issue. We have shitty hardware at work and i see that pretty often.
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Is it a Dell PC?
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!