Options

NCE = Novell Certified Engineer

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
No, I didn't screw up the subject. Novell has a new certification coming out. http://www.novell.com/training/certinfo/nce/es/index.html

There is a short article about it here: http://certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=1273

I know a lot of MS people are worried about HR people being able to figure out the the MCITP:EA is the new version of the MCSE, and I agree. Just think how many resumes will get tossed because the resume reviewer thinks that the person made a typo on their CNE (Certified Novell Engineer).
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a cool cert. You get enterprise Linux for only 3 exams instead of 5 if you are a current CNE.

I looked at this briefly a few months ago and may take it on at some point since I completed my CNE in May.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh..well. I'm in after I finished my upgrade exam and other school works.

CNE > NCE > what will be next, ENC (Enterprise Novell Certified)?

Ha.. ha..
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Turgon wrote:
    It's a cool cert. You get enterprise Linux for only 3 exams instead of 5 if you are a current CNE.

I looked at this briefly a few months ago and may take it on at some point since I completed my CNE in May.

I like the idea, but it will be a while before I can tackle this. I would need to re-up my CNE 5, then move forward into the NCE.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    petedude wrote:
    Turgon wrote:

I like the idea, but it will be a while before I can tackle this. I would need to re-up my CNE 5, then move forward into the NCE.

Get cracking then Pete. We can prepare for this together after the summer. Im building a Netware lab at home covering all versions.
  • Options
    Let me know if anyone is also planning for NCE this summer.

I don't see any update from Novell site yet regarding NCE. Any self-study material on the market?

Self-study kit

Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3089, 1.0) = CD-ROM - Boxed Shipment - $247.50
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Kasor wrote:
    Self-study kit

Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3089, 1.0) = CD-ROM - Boxed Shipment - $247.50

That's a bit of a relief. I guess Big Red N is finally figuring out that people don't want to shell out $400 for self-study kits. . .
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    Kasor wrote:
    Let me know if anyone is also planning for NCE this summer.

I don't see any update from Novell site yet regarding NCE. Any self-study material on the market?

Self-study kit

NCE is on my radar. The next three months Im busy concentrating on the CCIE but later in the year I intend to crank up on some overdue Linux and Unix work that has been on the backburner.

I will buy the self study kit and work towards the NCE in parallel with SCSA/SCNA. I have worked with Solaris a good deal over the years but never had the gas freetime wise to do the certs.

Hopefully that will change! Drop me a PM Kasor and we can discuss things.
  • Options
    Don't over kill yourself.

You need to go out and get few drinks to relax and completely shut down from "IT."

Ha..ha.