Options

multiple wireless vlans with a Cisco 4404 WLC?

borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hopefully this is the most appropriate forum for this question but I was wondering how to set this up, I checked out http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml and it shows you need to trunk the vlans that the switch that connects to the gigabit interface of the WLC. The problem is once it is trunked the WLC drops out, currently the WLC is configured for one vlan, when attempting to add more vlans we cannot ping the default gateway of the vlan we set up (probably because trunking isn't on the connection but as said when we trunk the switchport we lose access to the WLC.
Basically we have about 50 access points we want to connect to the WLC and spread them out across 5 different vlans but so far the only way we have it working is by putting them all on one vlan. I guess basically what one would do is create a "dynamic" interface for each vlan on the WLC with each vlan's default gateway/DHCP server set, and then with the switchport's connection trunked it should allow the multiple wireless vlans to work properly. Hope this makes sense. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you have the connection to the WLC as an acces port you configured it for a particular VLAN, if you create the trunk on the switch but then set the native VLAN to the same as the current access VLAN you should be able to connect to the WLC to configure it as a trunk. You could configure the WLC as trunk before changing the switchport. Either way you will have temporary loss of connectivity.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the delay in posting, thanks for the reply, we will give it a shot when the chance arises and see how it goes.