Options

Swing Low Sweet Chariot!

PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
England beat the french AGAIN to go through to the rugby world cup final in paris, second final in consecutive tournaments. We are the best!

Btw if you yankies on the forums don't know what rugby is, it's american football WITHOUT the girly armor and helmut, these guys are awesome athletes!

For any saarrttthh africans, i hope the argies trample you I really do.

Peace out!
DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't really call the game England play rugby, they rely on one guy Johnny to kick and thats it.I wouldn't be surprised if the scoring of rugby is changed and the penalty and drop goals are changed from 3 to 1 point.
    Last game without Johnny verses South Africa England failed to score a single point which shows what a solid and skillful pack they really are.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    EdTheLad wrote:
    I wouldn't really call the game England play rugby, they rely on one guy Johnny to kick and thats it.I wouldn't be surprised if the scoring of rugby is changed and the penalty and drop goals are changed from 3 to 1 point.
    Last game without Johnny verses South Africa England failed to score a single point which shows what a solid and skillful pack they really are.

And yet asside from all that, we still reach another world cup final. One player deffinately doesnt win a rugby match for you. Ohhhh and I doubt very much they would change the points for the kicking game, if you look at world class teams going head to head very little flowing rugby is played.

You must be an aussie Ed, bless you! icon_twisted.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    glennrossleeglennrosslee Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The thing about you English is that you are and never will be true supporters of your national teams. After the humiliating loss you suffered to South Africa everyone was baying for blood, the English press, the 'supporters'...etc. Now that you have won a couple on the trot, which was in no way glorious rugby, you now all think that you are the best in the world! What a load of crap. The past four years have just been disgusting for English rugby plus you rely souly on one man: Jonny Wilkinson! If he is not there, England are screwed...Sadly, this World Cup which has been great to an extent will not be remembered for the quarter finals, the semi-finals, hell I even wager the final but the disgusting refereeing decisions and the minnows of the rugby world showing there new found muscle. For teams such as Australia and New Zealand to be out of the World Cup and a pathetic lot such as England to be in the final, really leaves alot to be desired...South frica to win this one, if not them then I would like to see Argentina win it, Yes, I am a South African supporter but I would rather see Argentina win it if we get beaten today than see a trully mediocor side such as the pathetic, unimaginative English...Just my 2c buddy. Enjoy the victory while it lasts, they do come around rarely to you English...
    Next up 70-290...Long term (within a year) is Server+, 70-621, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 and Security+
  • Options
    I agree, our media/press are complete idiots. But half of the guys/girls who write the articles dont have a clue. Also there are alot of "patriotic sport fans" who jump on the bandwagon when our rugby team do well and then forget about them when they dont do well.

They do not speak for true supporters, because true supporters take the good with the bad, as with any sport. I am a true supporter, my dad played rugby for the wasps here in london a few years back and I played rugby in my youth (never to a high level). Im actually also half french (quiet a combo i can tell you)!. I always want england to win in rugby, ever since I was a kid when the game was very different. So its very ignorant for you to beleive that those people mentioned above speak for all....so bollocks to that, my 2 english pence :D

Secondly, we are in our second consecutive final in the rugby world cup, we got there again because we are the best in competitive rugby, I know it must hurt you southern hemis to hear it, but its our trophy still.....come and get it.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Pash wrote:
    Btw if you yankies on the forums don't know what rugby is, it's american football WITHOUT the girly armor and helmut, these guys are awesome athletes!
    *ahem* At least us Yanks aren't referred to world-wide as "Football Hooligans." icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    Fair enough Pash, England are still the current holders but the world rankings don't lie, the form of the players don't lie...What I am trying to get at is that the World Cup is not a true opinion of the current state of rugby. England's world ranking has slid since your men were made world champions in 2003, that England side was a great team!!! It's so sad that things got really bad for your team in the four years since, I was over the moon when you put one over the Aussies in their own back yard! :) Also, in the most painful way possible: a drop kick in injury time! :) Well, we will see, I am super nervous for later on when the Boks take on the Argies. I will be sure to post if the Boks pull it off! :)
    Next up 70-290...Long term (within a year) is Server+, 70-621, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 and Security+
  • Options
    Fair enough Pash, England are still the current holders but the world rankings don't lie, the form of the players don't lie...What I am trying to get at is that the World Cup is not a true opinion of the current state of rugby. England's world ranking has slid since your men were made world champions in 2003, that England side was a great team!!! It's so sad that things got really bad for your team in the four years since, I was over the moon when you put one over the Aussies in their own back yard! :) Also, in the most painful way possible: a drop kick in injury time! :) Well, we will see, I am super nervous for later on when the Boks take on the Argies. I will be sure to post if the Boks pull it off! :)

Rubbish, the best teams in the world turn up for the biggest competition in rugby, it is after all the rugby world cup. I don't give a peeking duck about form or ratings, our boys are fighters and that is what it takes to be champions. The real english rugby fans are more than happy I can tell you, and rightly so.

Good luck to you boks still, I can't wait for this one.
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Well a little emotive :)

Don't think the American footballers can't be called tough athletes - although the armour can detract from this agreed. Don't know how 'JD' relates this to Football holiganism though - maybe a heavy tackle? icon_wink.gif Then again, the link is a Wiki link so must be true! icon_lol.gif

Four years ago the same old points (pun intended) of without Wilkinson England would have nothing so it's a bit boring to hear the same comments 4 years on. Doesn't matter if points are kicked or tried - points make prizes and at this high level tries can be hard to come by. Wilkinson hasn't been anywhere near his kicking game of the last world cup so considering that England have done brilliantly and shown a solid defence and aggression although the discipline lapsed a little against France.

Anyway, I too was glad to see the England team progress to their second successive final and no doubt the final will be an exciting encounter and the Argies have surprised a lot too I guess so won't be a walkover for South Africa.
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    arg should have been the All Blacks :P
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A word for the Yanks and "football"... icon_cool.gif

Our big boys hit harder "because" of the armor, like in boxing you can hit much harder because you're wearing gloves vs. bare knuckles. Boxing with gloves is a much harder hitting sport than bare knuckles, though it's a little known fact.

Although I admit, the start-stop-start-stop action of American football is probably easier on the lungs than the constant running I've seen in Rugby, and yes those boys are tough too, no doubt about it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Well, well Pash. Looks as if we will be seeing you guys in the finals after all. The Argies didn't put up much of a fight last night, or were they just simply out played? So this weekend it is, good luck to you English, that fightig spirit you were talking about will be heaped upon you again for the second time this World Cup. Goodluck.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ummm - if the ABs were there I think a 30-50 point thrashing of England would have been the result icon_cool.gif

I just can't believe those danged French guys could take them out of play yet again icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Well, well Pash. Looks as if we will be seeing you guys in the finals after all. The Argies didn't put up much of a fight last night, or were they just simply out played? So this weekend it is, good luck to you English, that fightig spirit you were talking about will be heaped upon you again for the second time this World Cup. Goodluck.

Aye they gifted you too many chances. We need to make sure on Saturday we don't give the ball away cheaply, any stray passes and we will be in trouble. DANGER: Bryan Habana, we don't have anyone on our team who can keep up with him, never seen a guy as quick in rugby icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    If anyone realized the number of surgical operations even the "armored" players underwent it would asound you. One gentlemen I know used to play professional football (the American use of the word) and had nearly 30 surgeries performed.

While both the British Rugby players and American Football players are all great at what they do, I would MUCH rather not wear armor and get hit by one of the rugby guys than wear my armor and get hit by a 300+ pound linebacker who also has armor on and can get a surprising amount of momentum for his weight. The fact that he also has armor on means he isn't holding back the slightest bit and something much harder than his soft flesh will be hitting into me. Imagine taking one of those rock solid helmets to the gut when you have a thin layer of padding there. It's like a construction worker wearing a hard hat and expecting it to save him from a giant steel beam that is falling on him.

Congrats on your win however =). Regardless of how good any one player is, in a team sport you require a good team to win any high level sports championship.

As an FYI, we do have rugby players here in the U.S. it is just not a very popular sport for us. I must admit though that I don't particular enjoy watching any sport on television. I never understand the concept of watching people do something that you would enjoy doing more yourself.
  • Options
    Schluep wrote:
    If anyone realized the number of surgical operations even the "armored" players underwent it would asound you. One gentlemen I know used to play professional football (the American use of the word) and had nearly 30 surgeries performed.

While both the British Rugby players and American Football players are all great at what they do, I would MUCH rather not wear armor and get hit by one of the rugby guys than wear my armor and get hit by a 300+ pound linebacker who also has armor on and can get a surprising amount of momentum for his weight. The fact that he also has armor on means he isn't holding back the slightest bit and something much harder than his soft flesh will be hitting into me. Imagine taking one of those rock solid helmets to the gut when you have a thin layer of padding there. It's like a construction worker wearing a hard hat and expecting it to save him from a giant steel beam that is falling on him.

Congrats on your win however =). Regardless of how good any one player is, in a team sport you require a good team to win any high level sports championship.

As an FYI, we do have rugby players here in the U.S. it is just not a very popular sport for us. I must admit though that I don't particular enjoy watching any sport on television. I never understand the concept of watching people do something that you would enjoy doing more yourself.

I was just doing a bit of sh*t stirring. I am very ignorent when it comes to American football mate, but your more than welcome to educate me :) Im sure you have some powerhouses in american football too. Wasn't there one guy called the fridge or something, was like a walking rhino or something.

There was a guy in Rugby who used to play for New Zealand called Jonah Lomu (very famous in rugby), he was about 260+ pounds 6"5 and could run the 100 meters in 10 seconds flat. He actually used to trample over players to get where he was running. Absolutely amazing to watch but I would never ever want to get trampled on by him :P

The only sport I never like playing more than I love watching is actually Rugby. Simply because, it knocks the crap outta you and I simply havent got the stamina atm to do it :)
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Okay, everyone line up...thats it, face to face....wait....okay go....run for a few seconds and drop....rinse, repeat. I'm not a major fan of any sport but the pace of American Football bores me to tears. 'Course the wife loves it so, er, it's quite nice really...em...
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    American football is so weak.. what about the guy that got put into a coma early on this season? No doubt rugby is a little more ballsy than American football, but its still not like comparing joining a gardening club to joining the hells angels or something.. :P
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hard to compare the two. Ive tried watching rugby, I really did. I just dont get it. I dont see the big hits, the exitement, and the really fast paced action that Football provides. Weather rugby is "tougher" than football, it depends on your definition. Can a rugby player take a hit at a standstill from a 350 man running full speed towards you? On the other hand, can that same 350 pound man last more than 20 minutes in a rugby game? They are both tough in their own respects.

allow me to extend my patriotism: Baseball is superior to Cricket!!! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've played both and to be quite honest - neither are the toughest I have experienced. I played a few games or League and I spent the day after doing pool sessions because I could not walk without the support of the water icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I watch both rugby and football (i watch all sports actually) and I would have to say football is a lot more exciting. There is hardley a big play down the feild in rugby. No long jump balls or a guy comming across the middle getting waxed by John Lynch! Rugby is ok but its slow and kinda boring to me. Just through the ball to the guy next to you! Now lets all bunch up and hug!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I am going to put my foot into this a bit (ok, alot :) ) American sports were created by Americans because they could not beat the world at everything else... :) So if we can't win that rugby/cricket game, hell, let's just make our own one up with our own rules...Sorry but IMO watching ESPN here in South Africa, American Football is the slowest most boring game out there, I just don't see the point, Baseball too, man I just have not got the patience for that. Though on the other hand cricket can be boring in it's own right...but Rugby, definitly not! :) Trust me, I watch just about every sport I see on TV. :) Sorry again my American friends but it's just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    C'mon guys get serious. Time to play a real man's game "Australian Rules football".
    No helmets, no padding no protection. The ball can go forward and back and its fast.
    Best game around. :D
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    All sissy games. Here in South Carolina we swim with sharks for fun and wrestle gators for warm up excercise. We chase wild boars through snake infested swamps rather than run around chasing a fake pigskin.

:P
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    All sissy games. Here in South Carolina we swim with sharks for fun and wrestle gators for warm up excercise. We chase wild boars through snake infested swamps rather than run around chasing a fake pigskin.

LOL now they are some sports. Injury from them results on loss of limbs I guess icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:

Just surviving the air here in New Jersey is far more dangerous than that, I pass 4 superfund cleanup sites on my way to work and I only have an 8 mile commute.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    dtlokee wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

Just surviving the air here in New Jersey is far more dangerous than that, I pass 4 superfund cleanup sites on my way to work and I only have an 8 mile commute.

Speaking of that, do you know how Washington DC got the polititians and New Jersey got the toxic waste ****?

New Jersey got first choice. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Pash wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

LOL now they are some sports. Injury from them results on loss of limbs I guess icon_eek.gif

No, we're not allowed to hurt the wildlife. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Goodluck to you and the rest of England, it's going to be a brilliant game of rugby! Enjoy every minute of it! :)

Regards,

Glenn
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yah, good luck to England....but for the record, not to repeat what anyone else said, but American footballers require the pads and helmet, because of the shear strength of the players. I don't think a rugby player would last more than 4 downs doing anything other than kicking the ball....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    dtlokee wrote:

I had an 8 mile commute that took me about 4 hours on your Garden State Parkway last time I was there.

The next day I got some different directions and was on some highway that had exits mixed up on both the left and right side of the highway so I didn't know what side I needed to be on to exit and the warning signs came only a few hundred feet before the exit without time to cross the traffic.

After that I was in the South Plainfield area looking for and had to turn onto South Washington Avenue. Interestingly enough there were two South Washington Avenues directly beside each other and I went several miles down the wrong one. Not realizing I was a second I went the other way on it and hit a dead end shortly afterwards. After calling my Aunt who used to live in that area she informed me about the issue.

This one was a while ago but came across a toll booth that required $0.75 in quarters to be dropped into a bucket. I only had two quarters left and had a bunch of angry people beeping their horns behind me, none of which seemed willing to trade 4 quarters for a $1.00 if I were to ask them. I just put my two quarters that I had as well as 3 times for a total of $0.80 cents and drove on. Two weeks later I get a picture of my license plate in the mail from NJDOT billing me $25.00 for the administrative cost associated with only putting two quarters into the bin.

Long story short, I would take the toxic waste AND wrestling with alligators over driving there any day. Next time I go to New Jersey I will be asking dtlokee if I can pay him to be my driver. :D