Options

problem with compression or encryption

im doing an exercise about compression and encrption but then i found that the details tab is greyed out or inactive. now i want to know if im missing something.. icon_confused.gif
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The details tab is for encryption not compression. Are you able to encrypt files at all or do you get an error message when you try. If encryption is disabled then you need to change the setting to enable it either in group policy or the registry depending on if you are in a Domain or Workgroup. If encryption is enabled once you encrypt a file the details tab should be available.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    im in a workgroup sir. i have no problem encrypting a file either. i also tried it in another pc but the same thing occurs. now i wonder if the problem is because im in a workgroup. icon_confused.gif do i need to be on a domain to enable the details tab and grant access to user? if i need to enable encrytion in group policy.... how?

thnks for replying sir. good day to you
  • Options
    jpnelsonjpnelson Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The details will only show up on an encrypted file, not a folder.
    Make sure your encrypting a file, or a folder with files in it, click OK then click APPLY in the properties window, then click advanced under an encrypted 'file'. Details should be clickable now.
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    jpnelson wrote:
    The details will only show up on an encrypted file, not a folder.
    Make sure your encrypting a file, or a folder with files in it, click OK then click APPLY in the properties window, then click advanced under an encrypted 'file'. Details should be clickable now.

thnks..its now clear. its the file not the folder. :)