Options

Uncle Bill shorted me a Lapel Pin!!!!!!!!!!!

gregrnelgregrnel Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Should I complain? Is it a cool lapel pin? Not that I'd wear it, but, I did earn that pin......

Comments

• Options
    jahman182jahman182 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You toiled for it go get it icon_arrow.gif:D
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you sure you got shorted? I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft did a survey recently and most people said that they had no use for the lapel pin. Based on that I believe Microsoft said they were going to diiscontinue sending them out.

Check it out but I am pretty sure I remember seeing that but don't recall when they would discontinue them.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Yup, I heard they were discontinuing it, but it is listed in my enclosed contents...
  • Options
    Then you got shorted!, unless of course they have not yet updated the printed materials! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    You should still get the Pin with MCP/MCSA/MCDST/MCDBA/MCSE, they're removing the Pin from the member's kit for MCTS/MCITP. The new ID card will also not include previous certs (ie. MCP) nor will it have a magnetic strip.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Darn, I thought we could use it for a credit card! :)

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gregrnel wrote:
    Should I complain? Is it a cool lapel pin? Not that I'd wear it, but, I did earn that pin......

go get your pin, it makes a helluva strong fridge magnet! icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    2BEDB4112BEDB411 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should still get the Pin with MCP/MCSA/MCDST/MCDBA/MCSE, they're removing the Pin from the member's kit for ............ nor will it have a magnetic strip.

Kinda reminds me of the "Spencer Katz" article a while back about the open MS Conferance where half the attendees discarded their ID badges because they were imbedded with RFID.

Topicwise, After all, it's Microsoft.
    Maybe you took "MCP Classic" and you only get the pin for 'MCP Ultimate" ( J/K) icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are not missing much by not getting it. It is more like a lapel magnet instead of a lapel pin anyway.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    you mean that thing is a magnet?

ill have to try and find mine.....i actually use magnets
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It isn't a magnet per say. I meant to say instead of using a pin to hold it on your shirt it uses a magnet.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recently got my MCP kit for passing 70-270, and was initially gutted for not getting the pin either! Maybe they don't send it anymore as a previous poster has stated, but it was still inventorised on my welcome letter!

The certificate was very bland-looking too, could have made a better one myself! Bill, if you're reading this - I'm disappointed icon_lol.gif
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Options
    Here's the lame reply I got, I would have never gone for a cert w/o a lapel pin had I known.... icon_cry.gif

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding member kit.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We have stopped shipping the Lapel Pin, MCP Logo Guidelines and Worldwide contact list for MCP program questions as we are upgrading the member kit.

To stay up to date with the latest training and certification news, you may wish to subscribe to the MCP NewsFlash. This newsletter delivers monthly updates on MCP program announcements, certification benefits, special promotions, exam information and more. Subscribing to the MCP NewsFlash is the easiest way to stay current on Microsoft certification news. For subscription information please visit http://microsoft.com/traincert/newsletters/

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Jerry
    MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

Message received date: 10/18/07
    Original sender: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Case ID: BIS-4334717

If you need any further assistance with this specific query, please reference the Case ID above when contacting us.

Original Message Follows:

Hi,

I recieved my MCP Welcome Kit , but it did not include as listed on the contents

-Lapel Pin
    -MCP Logo Guidelines
    -Worldwide contact list for MCP program questions

I would appreciate if you could send these items, thank you.

Sincerely,

Greg Nelson
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX
    MCP# 559XXXX
  • Options
    lucjac11lucjac11 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found this on another thread. It was posted Oct 19, 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An improved, streamlined Microsoft Certification welcome kit
    New members of the community continue to be welcomed with a Microsoft Certification ID (or MCP ID)—the key to all of the benefits on the MCP member site—and a welcome kit. We have updated the look and feel of the certificate based on your feedback, and streamlined the welcome kit contents to accommodate customer preferences and a paper-free work world.

In the future, you will notice that welcome kits no longer include a paper contact sheet or program agreement; you will have access to the most up-to-date versions online. Lapel pins, available only in classic welcome kits, have been discontinued in response to customer feedback, allowing us to focus on delivering benefits with higher approval ratings.

The appearance of your paper Certificates of Achievement will complement the new, downloadable transcript format. The hard-copy version will reflect your requested improvements in the form of four-color printing, better quality paper to prevent bending in shipment, a Microsoft watermark, and a metallic seal.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received today my welcome kit. I loved it. It didn't include a lapel pin. I read somewhere on the MCP site that lapel pins will not be sent anylonger.
    The decision is taken so fast, as I see. But the shipment of welcome kits still takes SO long.funny.