Options

need help to burn dvds

shpshp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just bought Lite- on dvd burner 451s after my 3 year old son made flying saucers of 3 original dvds. I need a good how to site on burning, my knowledge is zero. I have nero 6, sonic Mydvd version 4.0 and Doom 9. but no idea what to do with them.

Comments

• Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    http://www.dvdshrink.info <--- Great program for backing up your DVDs and fitting them on one disc.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com <--- Tons of software/media reviews as well as tutorials on how to use the programs.

Good Luck
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I use Nero 6 and MyDVD as well. MyDVD is pretty cool and simple to use, main purpose is creating a DVD video from AVI, DV, MPEG etc.etc. I put almost 4 hours of Thailand holiday movies from my DV cam on 2 DVDs a couple of weeks ago. And apart from creating a backup of my PC and laptop (simply Windows backup to file, write to DVD with Nero) I haven't done much with the writer yet. I downloaded a simple copy tool somewhere (think it was download.com) to see if I could copy movies (uhm, to make backups of the DVDs I purchased of course) and the first limitation I ran into was the fact that a regular DVD video is burned on a double layered DVD, hence you need two blank regular DVDs (4.7GB/120 min). (Although there are ways to go around that limitation :) thanks for the links)

Another thing that may not be a problem for many is a DVD player with the ability to play DVD recordables/rewriteables. I had to buy a second DVD player 30 times as cheap as my first DVD player to be able to play them. icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Burning DVDs...what great fun!
    I actually go through a lot of hoops to burn my "backup" copies of movies. I start with dvd decrypter to upload the movie onto my hard drive. I then use DVD Shrink to compress the movie down to a 4.7gb size. If the movie is huge, I sometimes will use Instant Copy 8.0 to compress the movie down (that one takes forever!)
    I have nero 6 and haven't really used it much. I am still actually going back to DVD decrypter and burning the ISO there.
    As stated above, www.dvdrhelp.com is the best place to get any info you may need. Good luck with your burning!
  • Options
    shpshp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys, great help.