Does 70-291 Cover WINS?

leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
I'm currently studying for my 291 exam and some resources have WINS in and it and some don't. I looked around a bit and can't find any evidence that WINS is covered still....

Anyone have any insight?
Dustin Leefers

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WINS is partially covered, you will need to configure WINS Forward lookup, you will also find some configuration question on client side TCP/IP settings, aside from this the last thing I remember is DHCP Server Option where you can actually specify a WINS address.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    leefdaddy wrote:
    I'm currently studying for my 291 exam and some resources have WINS in and it and some don't. I looked around a bit and can't find any evidence that WINS is covered still....

Anyone have any insight?

Wait did you got your 290 yet? there is a lot of info you might find useful in 290 when dealing with 291.

Goodluck!
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    jbaello wrote:
    leefdaddy wrote:

Anyone have any insight?

Wait did you got your 290 yet? there is a lot of info you might find useful in 290 when dealing with 291.

Goodluck!

yes, i have passed 270 and 290... thanks for the info.
    Dustin Leefers