Failed 640-801 with a 847!!!!

hspdionhspdion Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Two bloody points. I just know if I had one or two more questions right I would have passed; utter aggravation.

I've been studying since Spetember 1st and I had been studying like mad this past week. I feel completely spent, mentally. And with the test being retired on November 6th, there are only two more chances to pass.

Apparently my 'Implementation and Operation' skills are atrocious, any suggestions on how /what I should study over this next week so that I can improve my score and pass next Sunday?

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Try not to let it bother you or you won't be able to focus to study. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to "let it go."

From the blueprint
    Implementation & Operation

* Configure routing protocols given user requirements
        * Configure IP addresses, subnet masks, and gateway addresses on routers and hosts
        * Configure a router for additional administrative functionality
        * Configure a switch with VLANS and inter-switch communication
        * Implement a LAN
        * Customize a switch configuration to meet specified network requirements
        * Manage system image and device configuration files
        * Perform an initial configuration on a router
        * Perform an initial configuration on a switch
        * Implement access lists
        * Implement simple WAN protocols

I'd say you need more hands on practice.

I think I mentioned in another post that all these tasks are "hands-on" and good candidates for Sim questions, but things like the intitial configuration and manage system image and device configuration files could include skills you need to know that could give you simple questions like the config register values.

If you search the forum for the Implementation topic, you might more suggestions.....
    Here's one thread I was thinking about that has more "Implementation Topic" suggestions
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27462

Get back to the books and Lab -- Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ouch! that really hurts. As Mike said try to get over the frustration ASAP. Focus on the positive, that you are so close that you WILL nail it next time.

As usual Mike has sage advice so I suggest you follow it. Best of luck on the next attempt. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

if you need some hands on designing and troubleshooting, routersim.com has a practice area you can use in which they provide you with a bunch of different scenarios. Only thing that sucks is you have to buy time to use the area ($10 an hour). May help though.
  • 12beatechie12beatechie Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get it over with, keep your composure and target your weak points and I am pretty sure you will pass before the retired date.
    The sky is the limit!
  • wainwrightwainwright Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the 847.... the first time I wrote the CCNA I also got a 847, pretty upset when I clicked submit and seen that stupid grade... I went home and immediately scheduled the exam again and hit the books whenever I could and the following week I got 937 icon_smile.gif. I seen some of the same questions again and I even got the same simlet the second time which also helped.

Anyways don't let it get it you down and GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SECOND ATTEMPT
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    And hopefully you'll recall a few of the questions that stumped you... hone your skills in those areas, and you'll kill it next time.

I remember reviewing the material after I sat the first time, and a few of my wrong answers fairly jumped off the page and slapped me. That was all it took to nail it the second time.

Good luck.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Don't feel bad

i did the same thing.. i studied hard for a week, retook it.. got 898/1000 .. if i can do it, you shouldn't have any problems

I suggest all the hands on you can get.. frame relay is confusing so spend a lot of time on that.. also what tripped me up a lot was some advanced switching stuff and ACL's.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!