As topic, Which is your favorite? :D
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• Options
    jdayalajdayala Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I personally like VM ware 5 or 6. I like that it allows you to make vertual lans and you can do some pretty amazing stuff with it if your computer resources allow it. Really great for MS Server Certification labs.
    Test Dumpers will get weeded out. :)
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    You can do virtual lans with virtual sever, however, i definitely vote VMware sever. its pretty awesome,
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    whats the minimum requirement for vmware? :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got done with a training class that used VPC 2007. I was fairly impressed. I've never liked VM's all that much, but did like VMWare better than MS Virtual Server 2005. However, VPC 2007 is worth checking out. It's a small download (30MB+/-) and a small footprint.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends if you are looking for production or a quick program to do VMs for testing reasons.

I only use/suggest VMware in production/development/and testing.
    I only use/suggest VirtualPC for quick and dirty testing local to your PC.

This is of course thinking about free products.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    VMWare Workstation 6 and Virtual Server 2005. I kinda have to side with Virtual Server 2005 if for no other reason than Microsoft has dropped all support for any product residing in a VMWare environment.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    RTmarc wrote:
    VMWare Workstation 6 and Virtual Server 2005. I kinda have to side with Virtual Server 2005 if for no other reason than Microsoft has dropped all support for any product residing in a VMWare environment.

Really? Did they state that officially?

If so, that would be stupid considering how many use vmware in production, also, how would they know it's in an vmware environment?

but then again, I wouldn't doubt it
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jkstech wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:

Really? Did they state that officially?

If so, that would be stupid considering how many use vmware in production, also, how would they know it's in an vmware environment?

but then again, I wouldn't doubt it
    If you call support and they find out it's VM Ware, they can refuse to support you, or so one of their engineers told me.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...