Options

Defrag Exchange Databases

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi Guys. Can someone please explain something to me. I have to defrag some exchange databases, but there is not enough room on the drives for me to use the eseutil, but i have heard that you can place them elsewhere? Does this mean i can move them to a different server? if so what would be the procedure? how would i run the eseutil? As you can tell, i am confused by this. On the same drive! not a problem. Moving them, i am not sure!!

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have run the defrag to a mapped network drive before. If you use eseutil /? it will display the command switches. One of them should be to redirect the location of the temp databases. The default location is to the Exchsrvr\bin\ folder, but you can point them to anywhere that has enough room. I always make a copy of the databases before running eseutil.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    I am still confused a bit. So far i have made copies of the databases. Then do i just run eseutil with the correct switches? Or do i have to move the databases first? Can you explain the steps for me as i know how to run the eseutil command but i cant get my head around the redirection of the databases. If i run the /t switch to a temp location do i then rename the temp copy to the original name and copy it back to it`s original location and re-mount the store?