Options

passed :)

SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
this week i passed my A+ 601, 602 with over 800 on each of them

but with NETWORK+ i barely passed i got over 600 should i take it again?

and what path do people usually go after net+

im thinking either ccna or 270

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. As far as what to do next, that's really a matter of what interests you. If you're into networking, working with routers and switches, CCNA is a good choice. If you're more into servers and workstations, then go the Microsoft-route. Doing either 70-270 if you want to learn XP, or 70-620 if you want to do Vista. Either one can be used as your desktop exam requirement for MCSA and MCSE, but only the Vista exam counts towards the next generation of server certs, MCITP.

(And no, don't worry about taking the Network+ exam again. You passed, that's what's important. If you feel like there was stuff you didn't know, you can always study that on your own, or when you're moving towards other certs.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    A pass is a pass. Keep moving forward. Next step? What do you want to be when you grow up? Are you ready to jump on the Microsoft certification merry-go-round? You might consider staying with vendor neutral certs until you can land that first job and let your employer pay for your studies through tuition reimbursment. Good luck. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    take the pass and move on, congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    santoriilosantoriilo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed it today first try with a 669. I used CBT Nuggets, ElementK book and the Technotes and various practice exams.