Options

Just missed the job

CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
Well, looks like I just missed out on this job I interviewed with today. Some of my classmates in Cisco 3 and 4 (the end of CCNA) have been offered positions with them already in the last few weeks, not having even finished Cisco 3 and not having certification, and they had been interviewed when the company had many openings. The finally got around to asking me in for an interview, but there was only one position left and many qualified individuals going after it, so my chances look pretty dismal at this point. It would have been nice, too, as it started at 50k a year, working with router, switches, and VoIP equipment. Since I'm going into VoIP (CCVP), I'm that much more bummed out. My new school semester starts January, and once I've begun I'm going to finish it out and cease the job-hunt, but I may try to get an insurance-adjuster job during the day that will pay a bit more and allow me to continue school at night.

Oh for the day when I have more than just a CCNA to barter with.....
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It happens to the best of us. Just keep on keepin on, and you will get where you want to be. Good luck to ya man!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    the job market is the most ruthless beast you will encounter

the thing that sets you apart is when you fall, you get back up
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    Plazma wrote:
    the job market is the most ruthless beast you will encounter

the thing that sets you apart is when you fall, you get back up

couldn't have said this better. This goes for anything in life when it doesn't go your way, fall back and try again.