Options

Prepping for 70-621

spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
Amazingly enough I don't see too much chatter around the net about taking 70-621 to upgrade MCDST to Vista.

Well I passed my MCDST exams and now I'm on that path. formated XP off my desktop and loaded Vista on there to work with then loaded me up a virtual copy of Vista on my desktop to study with using Virtual PC 2007. Ordered both 70-620 and 70-622 MS Press books to study. Already read 70-620 on books 24x7 and it seems fairly like XP to me except for the minor changes.

Now I'm looking at the 70-622 book and thinking to myself wow, after this test not going for the full MCSA makes no sense because the book covers the basics of so much.

So here is what I plan to do. Hope it all works.

Read MS Press 70-620 (Done)
Read MS Press 70-622 (in progress)
Study the 70-620 & 70-622 Measure-Ups
Study the 70-621 Transcender
Break for a week for my security+ class
Take the 70-621 test Mid-Nov.
"The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646

Comments

• Options
    tonyhhtonyhh Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks good to me, I'm doing something very similar to you, have loaded Vista Ultimate on a different partition to my XP and reading both 70-620 and 622 flicking between the 2 to fully learn the new features in Vista. If and when I pass the 70-621 exam (have booked the exam for Nov but will change it to mid Dec to give myself more time), I'm doing the Network+ course and then maybe look at doing the MCSA if my brain doesn't meltdown before this.

I've found the Training Signal's Windows vista training Cds very good for an overall run through vista, well worth the money. I've pondered over getting the transcender for 70-621 but think it's a bit too costly for me.

Cheers

Tony