Options

071-649 Exams

Has any one got the results for the above beta exam yet ??

Any idea on a date?? Its been 3 months since I did it.
Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!

Comments

• Options
    skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    According to THIS, the results should be available today, but I wouldn't hold my breath as MS never seems to be in any hurry for beta test results.
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    This applies to the 71-648 exam as well.

I rang the MCP helpdesk and they didn't know what I was on about. They keep saying that it can take up to 10 days for the results to show - even though I explained to them that I took the beta exams 3 months ago and that the results should be available with the release of the live exams.

I rang Vue (as I did my exams with them) and all they said was that they'll contact MS to see what the problem was.

I hope that these results won't take as long as the Vista beta exams results - 6 months, was it?

-ken
  • Options
    skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like the results will be available no later than Friday November 2nd.

Source
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Results are finally available, well at Prometric anyway.... Passed 71-649 :D
  • Options
    It looks like Vue will be sending out the results for the 71-649 (according to Gary here), results have been released for the 71-648 though.

So far is looks like people that tested with Prometric have passed but thoughs that took their exams with Vue failed - according to some. As for me I've failed the 71-648 because I didn't study hard enough, oh well, I can resit them next year :)

-ken
  • Options
    Gday Ken

Sorry to hear you failed. Beta exams are normally tough as you generally have very little study material. Good luck next time.

but I hope..
    So far is looks like people that tested with Prometric have passed but thoughs that took their exams with Vue failed
    you are wrong with this line as it does not put a good spin on the whole testing procedure if this is the case.

Stephen
  • Options
    SWM wrote:
    Gday Ken

Sorry to hear you failed. Beta exams are normally tough as you generally have very little study material. Good luck next time.

but I hope..
    So far is looks like people that tested with Prometric have passed but thoughs that took their exams with Vue failed
    you are wrong with this line as it does not put a good spin on the whole testing procedure if this is the case.

Stephen

Thanks, I've passed a few beta exams anyway from MS, so I'm not that bothered (however it would have been nice to pass). Besides I got 2 free vouchers from the previous set of beta exams to use on these :)

As for my quote, I was just repeating what others have said, there is probably nothing in it. It just seems that people that test with Vue are more vocal icon_lol.gif

-Ken
  • Options
    Ken

When you passed your Vista MCTS exam did you receive another welcome kit/cert ?

When I check the MS site I get the following message :
    According to our records, you are not eligible to order a welcome kit or certificate at this time. This may be because you have already placed your order or because you have not yet earned a new certification. Please note that it may take up to ten business days for your records to transfer from your test center to our database. If you would like to update an order that you have already placed, check the status of your shipment, or feel that our records are incorrect, please contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center for assistance.

Now that I have MCTS on W2008 I would have though I should have access to a Cert and Logo for 2008 ?? Its only been a few days since they posted the results, maybe I need to wait longer...
  • Options
    jstockampjstockamp Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed 71-648 and I too thought I would have qualified for another welcome kit, but it's saying I'm not eligible. The exam is showing on my transcript.

Also, any updates on 71-649 from Vue? It's still only showing as "Taken".