Options

CCNP and CCDP

PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
I see to get your CCDP you have to pass 3 exams and 2 of them are core to the CCNP. So if you go get your CCNP and pass it, and then you technically only have 1 exam left to take for the CCDP, do you still HAVE to have a valid CCDA? ( Cisco.com says you have to have a valid CCNA and CCDA ,but doesn't mention anything about a CCNP)

I guess it wouldn't make sense if you spend the time going for a CCNP, get it, then you are just 1 test shy of the CCDP that you would have to also have a CCDA as i see from a lot of reading that a lot of the CCDA stuff is covered in even further detail on a CCNP track.
CCIE - COMPLETED!

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Works the same way that CCNA --> CCNP does. You can take the ARCH exam before you take the CCDA exam, but you won't be awarded the CCDP certification unless you have the CCNA, CCDA, and all the pro-level exams done.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Plazma wrote:
    I see to get your CCDP you have to pass 3 exams and 2 of them are core to the CCNP. So if you go get your CCNP and pass it, and then you technically only have 1 exam left to take for the CCDP, do you still HAVE to have a valid CCDA? ( Cisco.com says you have to have a valid CCNA and CCDA ,but doesn't mention anything about a CCNP)

I guess it wouldn't make sense if you spend the time going for a CCNP, get it, then you are just 1 test shy of the CCDP that you would have to also have a CCDA as i see from a lot of reading that a lot of the CCDA stuff is covered in even further detail on a CCNP track.

Plazma,

Each professional level certificate has separate requirements to achieve them. In order to earn a CCNP from scratch you would need:
    1. CCNA - 1 or 2 exam route (pun intended)
    2. BSCI
    3. BCMSN
    4. ISCW
    5. ONT

Since you stated "So if you go get your CCNP and pass it," then let's assume the above has occured. After the above has occured, here are the remaining requirements for CCDP certification:
    1. CCDA
    2. ARCH

Based on my experience, do NOT underestimate the CCDA. The material covered to earn the CCDA encompasses all four of these components: 1) Routing & Switching (CCNP level technology knowledge) 2) Security (CCSP level technology knowledge) 3) Voice (CCVP level technology knowledge) and 4) Wireless LAN (CCNP level technology knowledge). Since I've never studied for the ARCH exam, I can only assume that it'll be harder than the CCDA certification exam.

I hope this helps.