Options

So I popped along to the testing centre today ....

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Today was the day I took the exam. I was nervous as hell as I hate exams. All the practice exams I had taken were resulting in scores of just below the required mark. I had to do it.

I drove into the car park and sat there for 10 minutes franticly flicking through my notes and the book I had bought with me. Could I remember subnetting? What were the timers for RIP / IGRP? Was a frame an Ethernet_II or was it Ethernet 802.3?

Finally I put the stuff away and walked into the testing centre. I signed the necessary papers and was taken to my testing station. I started to scribble out some notes (tip: the subnetting chart is a good idea). Now the test begain - first question was a sim.

Ploughed my way through although I was running short of time. At one point I had ten questions left and 12 minutes!!! icon_eek.gif Anyway, finished the exam with less than 2 minutes on the clock (phew).

Then the bit everyone dreads, I crossed everything and prayed to god I had done enough (partly because work won't let me have any time off before xmas and the testing centres in the UK only test Mon - Fri). I couldn't believe it when it said "CONGRATULATIONS".

A passing score of 923. :)

91% - Planning & Designing
91% - Implementation & Operation
83% - Troubleshooting
92% - Technology
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice...congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

Good score too, which means you definitely knew your stuff...

Now as Mike would say, even though it's Monday...hit the pub, but don't get too knackered drunken_smilie.gif ...work is tomorrow!! icon_lol.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If this networking thing doesn't work out, you may have a future as an author/screenwriter! icon_lol.gif

Celebrate! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Cheers guys. I will certainly be having a drink or two of (non-alcoholic) liquor. :)

I have just been on an amazing high all day - it's fantastic.
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If this networking thing doesn't work out, you may have a future as an author/screenwriter! icon_lol.gif

Celebrate! drunken_smilie.gif

My English teacher at school always did say I wrote excellent short stories!! :)
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope the same results happen to me next week icon_eek.gif ...

How was the whole experience? What kind of Qs did you face? Alot of _____? Not so much ____? THANKS!
  • Options
    Kcolon1 wrote:
    I hope the same results happen to me next week icon_eek.gif ...

How was the whole experience? What kind of Qs did you face? Alot of _____? Not so much ____? THANKS!
    To be honest the whole thing is really a blur. I can't say too much because of the NDA you agree to. All I will say is this:

- Know how to subnet
    - Know your commands and what they show you (e.g. 'sh ver', 'sh vtp status', 'sh vlan').
    - Attempt every question using a process of elimination if you don't know the answer.

Hands-on experience is a must. I was using Dynamips & Dynagen to get my experience.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Much appreciated. good thing I know my subetting very well. I still have to go home and punch commands and do some router/switch configuration screnarios to practice my memory and knowledge of commands.... I hope everything goes well, if I pass - I'm buying a new car! lol
  • Options
    Kcolon1 wrote:
    if I pass - I'm buying a new car! lol
    Thanks for the reminder. My gift to myself was a new 19" widescreen monitor and a small PC upgrade (and possibly an iPod).
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S