Question about practice tests.

dangersacedangersace Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,
I'm practicing to take my CCNA test on Thursday and have been trying to take a practice test every night this week. I've been using the tests here at TechExams, Certsim, and the tests on http://www.thebrightsparkshome.com/BSIG/default.aspx . The Certsim and TechExams are very similar, but the one @ thebrightsparshome.com seems pretty different and more difficult, but more similar to the tests from the cisco academy. I'm wondering which test are more similar to the actual CCNA test? Also does anyone have any suggestions for other online practice exams. Thanks.

Brian

Comments

• PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    We can't tell you whats exactly like the test due to the NDA from Cisco, but we can tell you that you will see whats on the exam blueprint on the actual test, and if your tests are covering those topics in detail then i see no reason why they aren't good.

Check google for online tests
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • dangersacedangersace Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Plazma, all the tests seem to be covering the topics on the blueprint it just seems like the one on brightsparks is much more difficult. I am getting in the 92 - 95% on the Certsim and TechExams practice tests but getting around 75% on the brightsparks. As far as googling for practice exams I'm trying to avoid **** sites and looking for more sites like this and the certsim where I can learn from my wrong answers.

Brian
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    My fav test software of all time is SelfTest (helped me nail my ccna and is helping me with my Sun stuff)

www.selftestsoftware.com

its kinda pricy but i think its worth it
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How does that compare to transcender? They look about the same but the CCNP tests are $200 cheaper with selftest.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transcender is fantastic. I've not used SelfTest.

TestOut CCNA has been by far my favorite learning tool though.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Trancender and Self Test are now the same, they are owned by the same company and have the same content.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • andytandyt Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mrj wrote:

just started using trancender myself, do you think the difficulty will be below or above the real thing
    or about the same?
  • dangersacedangersace Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I just missed passing by 40 points. I think the questions on this site and the ones on certsim are a little too easy. Great for review, but the questions on the test did seem more complex. The certsim simulations were very good for giving you a feel for how to operate that type of question but the actual simulations required a little more in depth knowledge. I didn't get to download self test. They even had a halloween sale, but I had to cover rent for today. The brightsparks site seemed a little bit more difficult than the actuall test but I'm not sure thats a bad thing. The thing I don't like about that site is you can check answers on the module tests, but there is no real explination for the answer. (but hey, it's free and it looks like they put a lot of work into the site.)

I'll start a new post for the details of my studying and failure maybe it can help someone else.
  • mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    andyt wrote:
    mrj wrote:

just started using trancender myself, do you think the difficulty will be below or above the real thing
    or about the same?

Wont know till Monday when I test. But the Transcender tests completely kick my ass, so I'm hoping they're more difficult.
    mrj wrote:
    andyt wrote:
    mrj wrote:

or about the same?

Wont know till Monday when I test. But the Transcender tests completely kick my ass, so I'm hoping they're more difficult.

took mine on Saturday failed with a 732, messed up on the sims, question difficulty is on par with Transcender. a lot of them are more complex and have more complex scenarios with routers\switches etc
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This topic is foaming with braindumps. lol I'm suprised no one has jumped on this one.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    wow this topic is full of them
    Mishra wrote:
    This topic is foaming with braindumps. lol I'm suprised no one has jumped on this one.

transcenders arent classed as braindumps are they, thought it as legitimate testing sofware.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    andyt wrote:

transcenders arent classed as braindumps are they, thought it as legitimate testing sofware.

No they are not transenders have written questions that are similar and are not stolen formt he actual exam question pool, anything thaty claims to have actual exam questions or answers are....I'd name some but they would be picked up by a filter....honestly just study for the exam, ask for help when you dont understand something, and stay clear of anything that says you will pass no matter what...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mishra wrote:
    You could always PM the Moderator.... I was onsite yesterday and today, so I didn't catch up until now (but I did catch a couple new threads last night).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!