Guitar Hero III

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok, ok; Who got Guitar Hero III this week?

as a guitar player for 12ish years, I used to think this game was dumb. A year ago, my buddy got me hooked on it and been playing ever since. This year is by far my favorite playlists. It finally includes some of the heavier bands like Metallica, Slipknot, Slayer. The other 70+ songs are equally good!

anybody else play this game?
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I'm waiting for Bagpipe Hero myself. There's nothing like an air-bagpipe rendition of Scotland the Brave. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    I'm waiting for Bagpipe Hero myself. There's nothing like an air-bagpipe rendition of Scotland the Brave. icon_mrgreen.gif

you do know, RockBand is coming out soon as well. They just might have a "bagpipe" instrument as an extra!!! Your wish may not be far off!!!

Personally, Im waiting for Cowbell Hero!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you mind if I ask what "Guitar Hero" is? Is it a video game, or what? I am married to a musician, and I'm suprised to hear any reference to guitars on this normally tech speak website! You've peaked my interest. Sorry for being a Newbie!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just beat Guitar Hero III on hard yesterday...can't beat it on expert yet, "One" by Metallica is insanely difficult. Have you tried the song by Dragonforce yet (on expert)? I can't believe somebody would ever be able to actually play that!

I think my favorite song on the whole list is Welcome to the Jungle :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I just beat Guitar Hero III on hard yesterday...can't beat it on expert yet, "One" by Metallica is insanely difficult. Have you tried the song by Dragonforce yet (on expert)? I can't believe somebody would ever be able to actually play that!

I think my favorite song on the whole list is Welcome to the Jungle :)

wow, you have had more time than me :D . I only played for about 2 hours and have been through the first 2 stages or so songs on hard. I cannot wait until I get to play "One". Its one of my favorite songs/bands to play in real life; so it will be interesting how it will be. It took me a couple of tries on some songs, but I got back in my groove quickly.

BTW REID, guitar hero is a videogame. Kinda hard to explain...here is a link rather than me explaining it.

http://www.guitarhero.com/

guaranteed fun!!!

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FYI -- this is the hardest song in the game. People can actually DO this icon_eek.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4M7f4-bhbE
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    FYI -- this is the hardest song in the game. People can actually DO this icon_eek.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4M7f4-bhbE

icon_eek.gif If I can do that in guitar hero before the real guitar, I might have to stop playing videogames all together......

• Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I got Guitar Hero 3 for the wii today. pretty fun game. i used to play the guitar back in highschool and i thought this was kind of a lame game as well, but its fun. only downside is the price tag.

Also, i don't know this yet but i' hoping to find out i can download content online.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I want to get Guitar hero 3 for my Wii so bad! Unfortunately I won't be buying anything for myself until the Wedding is paid off icon_sad.gif

I've been playing Guitar for 10-11 years, I remember playing the First Guitar Hero on my Brother's Console.... All I could keep thinking was "I can play most these songs on my guitar yet I can't play them on this Video game!"

The game is addicting for sure! They need more Megadeth! Hehe!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that looks insane! looks pretty good, can you get it for the 360?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    I want to get Guitar hero 3 for my Wii so bad! Unfortunately I won't be buying anything for myself until the Wedding is paid off icon_sad.gif

I've been playing Guitar for 10-11 years, I remember playing the First Guitar Hero on my Brother's Console.... All I could keep thinking was "I can play most these songs on my guitar yet I can't play them on this Video game!"

The game is addicting for sure! They need more Megadeth! Hehe!

FULLY agree. I have been playing "One" for 12 years, and Im stuck on that DAMN SONG in the game!!! Even my buddy who is certified "really good" at this game is having issues. icon_mad.gif

and yes, you can get it for the 360 (system of choice for this game)

• fonquefonque Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got guitar hero for the wii last week. This game is so much fun! Im not any good at it, but its an excellent way to kill time. The wii has an online battle option which I havent tried yet.

I just beat slash on medium tonight.
    I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit
    slash wasn't too bad. i'm stuck on lou right now. i should be able to take him tommorow. i'm finally geting to the point where i can play Slayer- Raining Blood withouth messing up too much. thats the hardest song so far for me.

Darthn3ss wrote:
    slash wasn't too bad. i'm stuck on lou right now. i should be able to take him tommorow. i'm finally geting to the point where i can play Slayer- Raining Blood withouth messing up too much. thats the hardest song so far for me.

I beat slash in about 20 seconds. Everybody said he was hard, but I beat him pretty quick. Raining blood is tough in the begining with that Kerry King solo, is just pure chaos. I myself have issues with that part. After that, its fairly straight-forward. Definitely helps if you know the songs though.

Im STILL stuck on ONE...I got ~90% done before I failed, over and onver agian. Its driving me nuts!!! I think its just because Ive always been a rhythm guy and never really got into the solos... I will beat it soon.

snadam wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:

I beat slash in about 20 seconds. Everybody said he was hard, but I beat him pretty quick. Raining blood is tough in the begining with that Kerry King solo, is just pure chaos. I myself have issues with that part. After that, its fairly straight-forward. Definitely helps if you know the songs though.

Im STILL stuck on ONE...I got ~90% done before I failed, over and onver agian. Its driving me nuts!!! I think its just because Ive always been a rhythm guy and never really got into the solos... I will beat it soon.
    the hardest part of Raining is the part where it just goes fricken insane... but you probably know what i'm talking about.

Darthn3ss wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:

the hardest part of Raining is the part where it just goes fricken insane... but you probably know what i'm talking about.

yep about a minute or two in the song, and then his last "solo" towards the end. Kerry King's style is like that in most slayer songs; organized chaos. Allow me to give you a face behind the guitar

slayer-wallpaper.JPG

I might have a GH3 hiatus sson, so I can finish up my 290 studies... icon_sad.gif

• arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    marck_don wrote: »
    wow nice game.....thanks everybody.but i m new player in this game.....please i want more information........please help me.........

Wow, bumping a three year old thread just for this?

Video Game Cheats, Reviews, FAQs, Message Boards, and More - GameFAQs
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like it was a Bot, probably for Sig/PM spam. Thrashed.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think Ellipses Hero is more suitable for him. :p
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]