Options

70-292 woes!

HowlaHowla Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am a first time poster in here, I am another to fail the 70-292, I did try to cram it over a few weekends. I have over 15 years experience of which 4-5 years is 2003 server and this exam was horrendous, not the most difficult but most frustrating.

I had the problem of weird pop up screens appearing and slow down on the exam, then it came up "error communicating with test server, exiting!" The test centre manage to resume the exam, but it happened again on 38 of 40. icon_evil.gif

I lost all of my flagged items too so I just clicked finish exam and got a grand total of 377. I thought I did a lot better than that but I am going to hit the books again, any tips? I used the Syngress book but have just ordered the MS book, and I am looking at the technet resources etc. I dont normally use transcenders or anything as I am not one for braindumping exams, but is there any good resources that are similar to the test?
Thanks,

Howla

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First, welcome to the site. icon_cool.gif

Well sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Scoring lower than 400 means you really need to hit the books, as no amount of test flaws or trick questions will typically land you that low of a score if you know the material.

My guess is you need to really nail DNS and you'll pull your score up by 300 points on that subject alone. WSUS, RRAS and even Terminal Services are frequent guests on the 291 exam, and scoring low in any one of these topics can cost you the price of a retake as well.

In my estimation - no amount of experience on W2K3 in a real world environment can fully prepare you for the DNS portion of this exam - it can help but it can't grant you a free pass. So I feel for you when you say you have several years of experience but didn't do well on this exam.

With regards to Transcenders - there are not ****, but legitimate practice exams and are recommended, especially for MS exams as they format the tests and questions very close to the MS style, which will prepare you for the test format in addition to testing your knowledge of the objectives. The MS Press book should be of considerable help in your next attempt as well.

Hang in there, and good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.