Options

CCNA 640-802

ibrahimmiibrahimmi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone

I just took 640-801 2 days ago and i failed with a score of 820. I thought of giving the 801 a try before they take it off. I was studing for about 3 weeks and i don't think that was enough. I am going to do the 802 because i don't have another option. I just need your help to guide me of which study material should i use. I planning to do it again before the end of the year. please help me
thanks

Comments

• Options
    ChrisPinSgChrisPinSg Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    could u guys fill me in on how the test is gonna be like ? mcqs? with a simulation or something ? am gonna take it soon when i get the money... lol
  • Options
    Kcolon1Kcolon1 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 802 is most likely going to be the same as the 801 - just more questions on the new topics (Wireless LAN and Security). I'm going to study for the 802 as well and take it in January/February. My equipment will be:

1. Sybex 640-802 Study Guide
    2. Actual Cisco Routers and Switches (I saw the perfect set on eBay going for $500-$600)
    3. I'm going to set up LANs and WANs every day from scratch implementing different protocols and methods until I down-pack everything so well, that I am able to troubleshoot with ease!

(2) This router and switch set I was a little iffy about, but seeing that it comes with all the equipment and tools, CBT Nuggets and exam sims, it's got everything I need. Also, it's made for the 802! Small price to pay for such a large investment to myself...

--Anyone seen this?
    MODERATED
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those switches are old and don't give you the output like a 2950 would. The 19xx switches are worthless. It's not all that great, and he includes **** on CD for you along with "if you prepare for you exams correctly, you cannot fail" /sigh.

You could find a 2950 and routers for what that set will cost. Throw in another switch (2950 would be good) but it could be a 2900 and you're set.

Compare the output of "show spanning-tree" on a 2950 to the one in his listing
    S4#sh spanning-tree

VLAN0001
      Spanning tree enabled protocol ieee
      Root ID    Priority    32769
                 Address     000b.fd1c.3d00
                 Cost        38
                 Port        22 (FastEthernet0/22)
                 Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay 15 sec

Bridge ID  Priority    32769  (priority 32768 sys-id-ext 1)
                 Address     000d.286e.0b40
                 Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay 15 sec
                 Aging Time 300

Interface        Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type
    ---------------- ---- --- --------- -------- --------------------------------
    Fa0/22           Root FWD 19        128.22   P2p 

The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Kcolon1 wrote:
    --Anyone seen this?
    MODERATED

Yeah -- that guy sells you a **** and overpriced obsolete equipment with pre-configured labs for the exam SIMs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!