Dynamips and SDM

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have my virtual lab plugged into my loopback.
I have the HTTP server running on the directly connected virtual router.
I have set a username/password and privilege level 15.

Now...when I go to actually install SDM to the router it requires 8900k, when I only have 8192k. I have tried multiple IOS images and run into the same problem.

I have seen posts where others have used dynamips to learn SDM. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using GNS3's version of dynamips/dynagen.

Thanks for your help. Sorry if this is a repost, I did not find a solution by googling or searching the forums.
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    techster79 wrote:
    I have my virtual lab plugged into my loopback.
    I have the HTTP server running on the directly connected virtual router.
    I have set a username/password and privilege level 15.

Now...when I go to actually install SDM to the router it requires 8900k, when I only have 8192k. I have tried multiple IOS images and run into the same problem.

I have seen posts where others have used dynamips to learn SDM. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using GNS3's version of dynamips/dynagen.

Thanks for your help. Sorry if this is a repost, I did not find a solution by googling or searching the forums.

techster79,

Sounds like what you're doing wrong is trying to fit something 8900k into a 8192k hole.
  • srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    Now it's been a while since i tried SDM with dynamips, but when installing SDM i think you get (at least) two choises.. one is to install the whole SDM engine on the router, and another is to just install it on the computer, and run it locally or something like that.

Never got the full-install-on-router to work, just the one where you run things from your computer.
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was able to start SDM on the PC and point it to the router and it came up. I just thought there was a way to adjust the amount of flash to above 8192k, or is that locked by the image I have?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yous hould be able to edit that as part of the .net file you're using, increase the amount of flash and you should be ok.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What would be the command in the .net file?

I already have ram=256.

I have ram, rom, and nvram set in GNS3 to above 64k. None of seems to make any difference on the amount of flash memory available.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try the "disk0=32" option to create a 32MB partition in slot 0
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Ferret999Ferret999 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As srg says just install SDM on your pc rather than in the router, it works much better that way in my opinion.