Options

PASSED WITH 923 ON 11/06/07!!

deviantlifexdeviantlifex Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Definitely nailed it this time around on the LAST day. I couldn't have been more stoked.

DEFINITELY moving on to my CCNP if you guys are wondering!

Thanks for the support!!!

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass. (And welcome to the last-minute club. :D )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    rebelratrebelrat Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I took it yesterday (November 6) and passed it with a 910. Thank God, as
    there is no simulation tool for the Cisco SDM in any of the router simulators. I am wondering if anybody knows any router simulators that do include Cisco's SDM. Will tackle the CCNP BSCI next. :)
    rebelrat :-)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

People have used Dynamips for SDM (and BSCI) successfully.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yoshakayoshaka Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    People have used Dynamips for SDM (and BSCI) successfully

mike,
    what are the resource requirements to have dynamips run on my computer.
    I have pentium 4 with 500 meg ram. If i upgrade memory to 1 gigabyte, will i be able to run it. I should be starting to work on the BSCI soon.
  • Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    cool !!! i did it on the same date too!!!

congrats!!!
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Your hardware specs for dynamips will be fine.

However it is not as simple as just saying i Have this computer with these components.

Alot of getting dynampis to work, is being able to admin your machine.

Now dynampis is a little easier to get running on windows, but it runs better on linux.

Plus the more horse power you machine has the more virtual routers you can run.

SO,

I would start with max 3 virtual routers and see how things perform. I have read threads where folks have used 10 or more routers (usually on linux, with the proper configuration).

Myself, I run dynamips on fedora core 4, and bridge this to a real cisco network. This way I can have Countless configurations.

NOT everything works properly through a bridged NIC, but it is a good way to get the SDM up and running.

Good luck and try the hacki website if you need help on dynampis.

P.S. >>> MODS if it is bad for me to mention that forum for folks to get help on dynamips, please edit it out and forgive me. I am not trying to cause issues, just trying to help this fella out. And since this is not really a forum on dynamips, I figured I should direct him to the real source of infl.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.