Which version of Vista do you use to study for 70-620?

Vista comes in different flavors

Home Premium
Home Basic
Business
Enterprise
Ultimate

Which versions will cover all the topics on the exam?

I'm guessing home basic and home premium might not have all the features tested on the exam.

Thanks in advance
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Ultimate has all features so is best to go for.
    ~Thiassi
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Would the Home Premium be suitable for the exam?

My guess is Business, Ultimate and Enterprise will probably suffice.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Refer to: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx

There is a download at the bottom of the page that lists the features very nicely. I personally used Vista Ultimate, as that has all the bells and whistles. The MSPress book includes an evaluation copy of Vista Enterprise, so that should suffice for your studies.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I used Enterprise edition, as we have a software assurance agreement with MS which gives us access to Enterprise over Business :)

-Ken
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Oh and there's an Enterprise evaluation for VirtualPC at the Microsoft site too which would be more than enough for the exam to pass. Business doesn't have Bitlocker but Ent and Ult do.
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Refer to: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx

There is a download at the bottom of the page that lists the features very nicely. I personally used Vista Ultimate, as that has all the bells and whistles. The MSPress book includes an evaluation copy of Vista Enterprise, so that should suffice for your studies.

Did you actually get a CD with the MS Press book? I know I didn't and many others didn't either even though the book often referred to it.
    ~Thiassi
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't buy a copy of the MSPress book, I was just going by what is shown on the cover of the book on Amazon (the upper right corner says it comes with a copy of Vista Enterprise).
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you can install ultimate for 30 days without activation for practice. just dont put in a key. thats the best solution.
    "The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I'm using Ultimate!