Options

Outlook 2007 Issue

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
This has me stumped. User is on Outlook 2007 using HTML format email. When she sends an email (new, reply, or forward) the recipient is unable to actually view the text of the email until he or she clicks on reply or forward. I worked with it a little the other day and got it to work temporarily by changing her font to a universal font like Times New Roman. Everything works correctly when she uses Plain Text format. The recipients range from using Office 2003 to 2007.

The only thing I can see is that a display:none control is being added to her messages (see below). When I reply back to her and view the message source, this display:none control is not there.
<p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D;display:none'>I&#8217;m still having issues with my email messages. I
tried to reply this morning and the message didn&#8217;t display until I changed it
from HTML to Plain Text.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

Anyone run into something like this in the past?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is there a security setting preventing outlook from displaying html email?

[edit]
    Totally read your question wrong. Sorry. You're right though. The display:none is a CSS attribute that will effectively hide whatever is between the opening and closing tags. Not exactly sure why that is happening.

[edit2]
    From what I've found, some people report changing their email editor to outlook instead of word fixes the problem. Try switching the editor to outlook then back to word. Maybe that will clear out something odd. I think the answer's going to lie in the tools > options > mail format tab. Maybe she has some crazy stationary/theme that's causing the problem.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I don't think so but I could be wrong. We use HTML on almost all email but she's the only person that anyone has problems with. It even happens when she emails me and as you can imagine, I get quite a few messages throughout the day and she's the only one.
  • Options
    Yea I know. That was me reading to fast and being an idiot. Disregard that icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:

[edit]
    Totally read your question wrong. Sorry. You're right though. The display:none is a CSS attribute that will effectively hide whatever is between the opening and closing tags. Not exactly sure why that is happening.

[edit2]
    From what I've found, some people report changing their email editor to outlook instead of word fixes the problem. Try switching the editor to outlook then back to word. Maybe that will clear out something odd. I think the answer's going to lie in the tools > options > mail format tab. Maybe she has some crazy stationary/theme that's causing the problem.
    Your second edit is exactly what I was thinking initially; either the theme or the editor. I don't think you can change it in Outlook 2007. I can't find anyway of altering that particular setting in the new version.

As far as the theme goes, I made sure to disable any type of theme she had in place. She has nothing now.
  • Options
    Anyone else have any input? Looks like I might have to get Microsoft involved.
  • Options
    Sorry no one else is getting involved dude ;)

Have you just simply tried a repair installation or complete uninstall/reinstall? It sounds like that would be a simpler solution at this point, and that usually remedies little quirks like this.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do they have any plug-ins installed?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RobinMRobinM Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you determined if the problem is with the installation on that machine or with the user's application data? For instance -

1. Are you using roaming profiles?
    2. If a different user logs onto her machine does the problem persist
    3. If you delete (backup) her profile, thus giving her a fresh profile does the problem persist?

If it's acceptable (and works) you may just wish to 'delete' her profile.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use Thunderbird lol

Outlook is a overpriced , buggy , spam induced piece of crap
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "