Options

I passed 70-620 today!

TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I passed MCTS on Configuring Windows Vista Client today. My only study friend was the Microsoft Press book and my several years of beta testing Vista. So I'm now a MCTS!!!!! Guess I need to get ready for the next in my series towards my MCSA now!
PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
My Site - My Forum

Comments

• Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Contrats! I just passed the test last Saturday. Did you have any sims?
  • Options
    There was one that showed I.E. and you had to click on the right thing, but it wasn't really a sim. That test was definitely harder than practice tests though, they really try to trick you by making answers all extremely similar!
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's pretty much what my test had.

The test was definitely harder that the practice exams. I used the MS Press, Sybex, and McGraw Hill books and practice tests.
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats!
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass, going to top it up to the MCITP: EST (bearing in mind the the MCITP certs need to be renewed every 3 years)?

-Ken
  • Options
    MCTS doesn't have to be renewed though (at least not from what I've read)
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    Congrats on the pass, going to top it up to the MCITP: EST (bearing in mind the the MCITP certs need to be renewed every 3 years)?

-Ken

Damn. Wasn't aware of that.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote:

-Ken

I have heard rumours about this having to be renewed, but never anything concreate, does anyone have a link or anything else which confirms this as fact?
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    dave_ne1 wrote:
    I have heard rumours about this having to be renewed, but never anything concreate, does anyone have a link or anything else which confirms this as fact?

See here, you will to expand all the questions on the page and it's approx mid way down the page.
    Microsoft wrote:
    Q. Will the new certifications expire?
    A. The Technology Series certifications will expire when mainstream support for the version of the product ends. The Professional Series certifications will require certification refresh every three years from the date of issue.

Hope this helps

-Ken
  • Options
    Thanks Ninja Boy, I had thought that I read that at one point in time
    My Site - My Forum