Passed 70-298 with a 946!! - NOW MCSE!!!

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
18 months I embarked on my epic MCSE journey and yesterday is was finally completed! I aced 70-298 with a score of 946/1000 (2 questions out of 35 wrong!)

I’m so happy! This is one of the best moments of my life!

Exams completed in this order:-

70-271 (MCP)
70-272 (MCDST)
70-270
70-290
70-291 (MCSA)
70-284 (MCSA:M)
70-350 (Wanted to learn ISA)
70-293
70-294
70-298 (MCSE!)

So what’s next you might ask? Well, I’m going to do a little bit of study for the 70-621 and 70-620 Vista exams as I’ve got free re-takes (as I beta tested them), these are booked just before Xmas.

After that I plan to take a nice 6 month break and then start to think about Security+ and the Win2k8 upgrade exams!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, that is a great accomplishment. And you didn't take the "short" path either, you threw in a couple of extras as well! My hat is off to you! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LukeQuake wrote:
    18 months I embarked on my epic MCSE journey and yesterday is was finally completed! I aced 70-298 with a score of 946/1000 (2 questions out of 35 wrong!)

I’m so happy! This is one of the best moments of my life!

Exams completed in this order:-

70-271 (MCP)
    70-272 (MCDST)
    70-270
    70-290
    70-291 (MCSA)
    70-284 (MCSA:M)
    70-350 (Wanted to learn ISA)
    70-293
    70-294
    70-298 (MCSE!)

So what’s next you might ask? Well, I’m going to do a little bit of study for the 70-621 and 70-620 Vista exams as I’ve got free re-takes (as I beta tested them), these are booked just before Xmas.

After that I plan to take a nice 6 month break and then start to think about Security+ and the Win2k8 upgrade exams!

Congratulations. I remember how that felt when I completed my last exam to become an MCSE in NT 4.0 in 1999. I think my final exam was Internetworking NT Server with TCP/IP. It's good you did MCSA Messaging, I did Exchange Server 5.5 as my elective back then when many other people went for easier electives like IIS to complete their MCSE and that's something that was remarked on positively when I had interviews. At the time I felt it was important to study mail servers to differentiate myself from the herd and it paid off.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • sinistamunkeysinistamunkey Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats again matey :) I know how much work you put into it, but seeing as you missed coming down the pub so much you have a LOT of rounds to buy now :P
    Just because you can... doesn't mean you should.

Next: 70-536 and then THE WORLD!
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks people! :)

SOOOO HAPPY!!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, you earned a pint or two!!

cheers!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm so jealous! Congratulations!
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats !
    I admire the fact that you took the time to do exams because you wanted to learn things that you didnt HAVE to to pass !
    You earned the smily party!
    :D:):oicon_lol.gif:)icon_sad.gif:D:oicon_lol.gificon_cool.gif :P icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:
    Congrats !
    I admire the fact that you took the time to do exams because you wanted to learn things that you didnt HAVE to to pass !
    :D:):oicon_lol.gif:)icon_sad.gif:D:oicon_lol.gificon_cool.gif :P icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Thanks Chief! :)
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Nice work mate. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:
    Congrats !

What's with the sad guy in the middle? Is he jealous? Or sad because all the food was gone at the party by the time he arrived? :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats mate on the MCSE status :)

-ken
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    congrats man! i dont know you but im happy to know..hehe. if you got some extra brain well share it! icon_lol.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    sprkymrk wrote:
    doom969 wrote:
    Congrats !

What's with the sad guy in the middle? Is he jealous? Or sad because all the food was gone at the party by the time he arrived? :P

This is the point when the smiley face realised he wet his pants because he got so overwhelmed with completing his MCSE...... He quickly got over it though.... Because 'Your not cool unless you PEE your pants'

:D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    sprkymrk wrote:
    doom969 wrote:
    Congrats !

Designated driver.....
    Not fun being the only sober guy at the party ! :D
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One more exam and you can be MCSE:M. Why don't you go for that? Just one more test! lol
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Congrats!! We became MCSE during the same weekend!! Go for +M next man! I've got two more exams left to give me +M and +S.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job, way to stick it out!!!
    get back to studying!!!
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats! bowing.gif Great score on the last exam too! icon_thumright.gif

[ a little late congrats is better than no congrats ;) ]