Options

Got the BSCI wednesday 14th, tips? Failed, big time

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
got the BSCI exam on wednesday

I've read though the book and made 200pages of notes been reading them plus doing some pratice tests and working on summarization today. haven't done as much lab stuff as I would have liked.

I know it's a 90 minute exam, how generous is the time they give you, because I found myself running out of time when I did the ICND?

Anyone got any good tips, like to here them, cheers

Thank for the advise guys it makes alot of sence looking back on the exam.

score 596!!!!! not a good feeling I gotta say

I put it down to not spending enough time on lab eqipment, plus i've on;y got 2 3640's and I reckon I could do with another 3.

What i'm going to do now is, get a few more 3640's, really work had on the configuration of multicasting, redistribution, route maps and ISIS and spend hours looking at show command outputs at each stag of the configuration.

Being able to analyse and take information from show commands is definaly my weakness, learnt that today ;)

never mind it'll just make me work harder, which can't be a bad thing.
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to ya! :D
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_profileright.gif Good luck man..... icon_profileleft.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck man! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will be short on time like the CCNA exams. Most students that have take the exam seem to run right up to the wire on BSCI.

Read all the answer choices carefully, remember the game is to rule out the answers tht are wrong, and whatever is remaining is/are correct.

Good luck!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! I'll be taking mine pretty soon. Let us know how it goes.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BSCI is pretty straight forward, don't worry if you know your stuff and seems like you do, 200 pages of notes is not little icon_eek.gif you will do fine! Let us know how it goes!
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Make sure you spend your "final hours" reviewing the configurations, and the show and debug commands for the troubleshoot & verify tasks in the exam blueprint
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Good luck Buddy!!!!
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Is there serious configuration on the exam?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, 5 routers is about right for BSCI. If you have a beefy PC you can try Dynamips.

While you're more focused on just Routing in the BSCI when compared to the CCNA, there is also a lot more depth to the material than you saw in the CCNA. Plus there is the addition of the "new stuff" which can be quite a shock. The easiest way to learn and understand the stuff is lots of hands on practice after lots of reading.

In addition to the suggested Cisco Press CCNP books, the Doyle book(s) is(are) also a "good read"
    Routing TCP/IP, Volume I, Second Ed.
    Routing TCP/IP, Volume II

One thing we forget to mention sometimes -- at the Professional Level you should start checking out the Cisco Documentation.

Start out in the Cisco IOS IP Configuration Guide (I usually use the 12.2 IOS version) and definitely spend a bunch of time in Part 2: IP Routing Protocols. Part 3 is IP Multicast. I'll leave searching the Cisco Documentation for IPv6 information as a extra credit homework assignment.

Figure this exam was just Cisco's way of calling you Toto and letting you know that you're not in Kansas (or the Associate Level) anymore. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yeah man Kansas is way gone, cheers guys just ordered a 2600xm Version 12.4(9)T1 to get me started with the new game plan, gonna look out for a couple 3640's,

todays been good auctually gathered a bit more respect for what i'm working towards.
  • Options
    Ouch.....I hope you get it next time. It's going to feel that much more of an accomplishment when you pass. A lot of people don't even pass the NA first time, so you have to know that even more aren't going to get through NP without at least 1 retake. Hell even some of the test writers have retaken the NP tests.

What part of your new plan requires an XM router? Just curious....not assuming that it isn't needed.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    just a good addition to the lab I guess, ultimaly when I get over this stupid stage of my cisco development I wouldn't mind doing CCSP so could come in use for that, feature set looks pretty cool
  • Options
    icon_thumright.gif Cool!