Options

How do you acquire the latest IOS?

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Is this a fairly difficult process or am I just an idiot?

(You can be honest, it's ok...)

Seriously though, do you need a special support contract? I've registered as a guest, but I'm getting the feeling it's more involved with that. Their site is of no help whatsoever. Instead of instructing me what I have to do, it just allows me to log into some parts of the site and not to others. There's a javascript error (at least in firefox) with their live support, so I can't talk to anyone.

Anyone have any suggestions? I just want to get the latest version and see what the require specs are to see if my gear can handle it.

Comments

• Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Need a CCO Login (Either through your company who has a valid and current maintenance agreement for Cisco Gear)

Or you can always become a CCIE and get full access :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep. You need a CCO login from your company, a support contract with TAC, or be a Cisco god....lol
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You should be able to get by with 12.3, unless you just want the newest. I have 12.3 and 12.4 but haven't found anything not supported in 12.3 for the CCNA or CCNP so far. When I find something I'll load the 12.4 and let you know!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    khristovkhristov Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you want to see what IOS your gear can support guest access level is enough
    just open http://www.cisco.com/go/fn find your platform there and you can see all releases/trains that your hardware can support.
    khristov.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the help everyone!

Most of my gear is 25xx anyway, and it looks like that only supports 12.3 (at least according to the configuration link you just posted), so I should be good for the time being anyway.