Options

Fruits of passing CCNA exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just an update, I got the NOC job, I'll be giving my 2 week notice Monday. :D I'll also have 3 CCIE's sitting a few cubicles behind me. icon_eek.gif:)
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    borumas wrote:
    Just an update, I got the NOC job, I'll be giving my 2 week notice Monday. :D I'll also have 3 CCIE's sitting a few cubicles behind me. icon_eek.gif:)

Awesome! Christmas presents away.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job. icon_exclaim.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    borumas wrote:
    Just an update, I got the NOC job, I'll be giving my 2 week notice Monday. :D
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    borumas wrote:
    one will be a very nice raise
    Is this THE ONE?
    borumas wrote:
    I'll also have 3 CCIE's sitting a few cubicles behind me. icon_eek.gif:)
    But then, it doesn't really matter if this is THE ONE, since this is PRICELESS!! icon_eek.gif

FYI -- CCIE Lab pass rates seem to be higher for people clustered with CCIEs and other CCIE Candidates.... and not necessarily just from NDA violations. Let's just say hanging around people working at a much higher level than mere mortal tends to bring out the best in others (if they survive).

You may want to start reading Doyle (Volumes 1 and 2) now so that you can hold up your end of the lunch time small talk. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I think this was the lower paying job but there is a possibility for a promotion within a year so it seems like a better opportunity to me. It was funny when the manager took me back to rack that had like 30-40 routers/switches and said "this can be your playground, this is the testing area and people use is to also practice for their certs". :)
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OK now I'm just jealous... icon_lol.gif Where in Texas are working?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    borumas wrote:
    It was funny when the manager took me back to rack that had like 30-40 routers/switches and said "this can be your playground, this is the testing area and people use is to also practice for their certs". :)
    Funny would have been asking "Which one is the router?" icon_lol.gif

Or "which one is running the Internet?" icon_lol.gif

But since you got the job, I guess you kept your sense of humor in check. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Netstudent wrote:
    OK now I'm just jealous... icon_lol.gif Where in Texas are working?
    Hmm, don't know if I should answer that, lol, let's just say South Central Texas. icon_wink.gif
    But since you got the job, I guess you kept your sense of humor in check.
    Lol, I did use some humor in the interview, lightened things up a bit and it seemed to help me get the job I think.
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations!!! :D
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I got the CCNA, I have more exp with Widnows Server than Cisco routers and switches (I have exp with networking but not in Cisco). I did not get a dream job like you got, but I helped me to find another job where I have to work with Cisco Firewall 501 and ASA, I did not know anything about that kind of firewall but with the help that I got here and I read the book I could configured it.

Congrats.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    stevchastevcha Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new position!!
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pay is just in the 40k range?!?! whatupwidat!?
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    Lamini wrote:
    pay is just in the 40k range?!?! whatupwidat!?
    Actually with the bonus I can get, it will be in the low 50's to be honest, it's much better than the high 30's which is where I am now. I start my new job on Monday. :)
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new job...sometimes it's not all about the money (what am I sayin!!), but comfort, knowledge gained and the ability to move up...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!