Options

IP V 6

EvertonianEvertonian Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wonder can we expect many questions on IPv6 on the 802 exam? In todd lammles book the chapter is quite extensive but in the Curriculum there is really only 2 brief topics on IP v 6

Comments

• Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    mmmmm I can tell you that the cisco books cover all the topics of the exam. So if they just show you a lil' about IPv6 it's because it is lil' use on it.

For my CCNA I used cisco books (say that because I study from the curriculum) and the Exam Cram's CCNA practice questions.

however if Lammle's book gives you more info I think it should be welcome but based on cisco don't stress about it. (Ipv6)

cheers
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Evertonian wrote:
    I wonder can we expect many questions on IPv6 on the 802 exam? In todd lammles book the chapter is quite extensive but in the Curriculum there is really only 2 brief topics on IP v 6

Evertonian,

There may be as many questions to determine if you know at least the following:
    • Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
      [list:6681b89b67]
    • Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc).
    • Describe IPv6 addresses
    [/list:u:6681b89b67]

Source:
    1. 640-802 CCNA - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html