Options

640-801 vs 640-802

internetdeityinternetdeity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I just tried to book my 640-801 Cisco exam this morning just to find out that it's been decomissioned on November 7th and replaced by the 640-802 exam.

My question to all of you is this... Is there a MAJOR difference between the 2 exams? If so, what might those differences be?

I need to figure out if I should go for the 640-802 or spend some more time preparing for any new content.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Hello all,

I just tried to book my 640-801 Cisco exam this morning just to find out that it's been decomissioned on November 7th and replaced by the 640-802 exam.

My question to all of you is this... Is there a MAJOR difference between the 2 exams? If so, what might those differences be?

I need to figure out if I should go for the 640-802 or spend some more time preparing for any new content.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

There are enough that I bet you would not pass. Hell I know I wouldnt.
    They drop ISDN and bring in Wireless and Security topics. Best way to find out everything is to check the Cisco website.

GoodLuck!
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    i've got the prep logic's 15 minute guide ofr 640-801 and 640-802 and they are the same!!! in a 95 percent. the only thing is that at the end of the guide (640-802) it includes some references about 802.11x techs

it's just a comment don't base your study on it!!!!

suerte...
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    preplogic sucks for CCNA

serious not to give anything away. but i know from experience that preplogic
    doesnt prepare you for your ccna exams..just touches the surface..

go to the

www.thebryantadvantage.com
    or

www.trainsignal.com

the best out there... and best price...
    chris bryant training is awesome..

robert

Ps. i took the CCNA 801 and my test locked up half way through but my score
    at 25 questions was 600 something and i had 28 to go so do the math
    and only 1 sim and no subnetting yet...so do the math, i would have gotten in the 900s
    if i had been able to finish.....stilll waiting for cisco to give me a voucher for next 802 exam.
    they have yet to calll me cause it was a global issue with their testing software. i wasnt the onlly
    oone. it was global!
    alot of people pissed off. i was at first but i know i can pass the 802 and I am sure it is alittle more than wife and basic security. read the cisco site. i bet it is more heave into OSPF and

OSPF
    SSH
    Wifi
    more......
    no isdn i have heard that all over...
  • Options
    TechDivaTechDiva Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried PrepLogic for the audio cds (lecture and quiz me). I found them to be okay but not enough to pass the CCNA exam. I have found Chris Bryant to be very good and well worth the money. I got information from the Bryant Advantage that I did not get from any Sybex book or Cisco Press book. But I must admit reading information from all three (Sybex, Cisco Press and Chris Bryant) gave me a better understanding on alot. But for the new exam I am considering the following:

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate: Fast Pass by Todd Lammle

CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide or
    CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802)

The Ultimate CCNA Study Guide w/ Chris Bryant

If anyone could recommend anything else I would appreciate it. At this point I'm considering the 2 exam option.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Hello all,

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

internetdeity,

The first MAJOR difference is that you can't take the 640-801 CCNA exam but you can take the 640-802 CCNA exam.

Unless you have a time machine, your comment of "I need to figure out if I should go for the 640-802..." should be "I can only take the 640-802 so..."

Here's the exam outlines for both the 640-801 CCNA exam and the 640-802 CCNA exam. You can now figure out what the differences are.

Source:
    1. 640-801 CCNA - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html
    2. 640-802 CCNA - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html
  • Options
    internetdeityinternetdeity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks tech-airman!

What I meant by that, was I have been preparing for the 801 for the past few months and I feel that I am/was ready to take it. Now that the 801 has been replaced by the 802, I was just stating that I need to figure out if I should tackle the 802 right away, or spend a bit more time researching the differences and preparing further

I am well aware that the 801 is no longer available and the only option is the 802!

I have always found these forums very useful, informative and supportive while I successfully completed the MCSE 2003 Security track. I don't see any need for sarcasm (ie: time machine). But none the less, thank you for your feedback!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I need to figure out if I should tackle the 802 right away, or spend a bit more time researching the differences and preparing further
    You probably need to grab an 802 book and learn the new/updated material.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ayazbashaayazbasha Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the differences are in 640-801 they have deleted ISDN .and below mentioned topics are added
    IPv6
    Wireless
    SDM (Router HTTP access)
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Hey not to change the subject...but what do you guys think of Jeremy Cioria (sp) CBT Nuggets for 640-816 ?
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    nl wrote:
    Hey not to change the subject...but what do you guys think of Jeremy Cioria (sp) CBT Nuggets for 640-816 ?

I've never seen his CCNA videos but I watched a few of his BSCI one and I really enjoyed them...So I'd have to guess its a good buy.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□

I think his instructional videos are great. It helped me with my practical experience since I was running simulators to mirror his router configurations and IOS usage. I just don't like the drawings because its gets awkward when you're reviewing a network diagram then suddenly you're presented a picture of a stick figure family and their pet. Asides from that, I would recommend his videos. Though, keep in mind, this videos are supplementary! Spend some time and read the book!
  • Options
    CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    mamono wrote:
    I just don't like the drawings because its gets awkward when you're reviewing a network diagram then suddenly you're presented a picture of a stick figure family and their pet.

LMAO! So true.