Options

CCNA Time Frame

stevchastevcha Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just curious how long did it take all of you to get your CCNA? From the time you decided to study and prep for it? Also, how many hours a day did you study?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It took me about a month studying about an hour or so at night. I already had about five years experience with Cisco though so it was mostly review and learning some theory. If you are just starting it will probably take a while longer. From what I've read here most people new to Cisco take about three to six months of study. Some less, some more it just depends on how quickley you learn.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I have a networking background but I haven't touched a router in about 4 years or so. So studying has been ONE BIG refresher. I'm hoping I can be ready in about 2-3 months.
  • Options
    NeonNoodleNeonNoodle Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The last time I had a networking job was 5 1/2 years ago. I studied 3-4 months before I took the CCNA exam. If I had been doing less overtime at my current job and not preparing for a wedding, I might have been able to take it sooner. Also, I'm a little dense. So if I can do it, you won't have any trouble. Good luck!
    I recognize the lion by his paw.
    --Jacob Bernoulli
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if i remember correctly, it took me from start to finish about 2 months, mostly because im a nerd

haha... and working with it alot helps ;)
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    steveo1985steveo1985 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    took me 3 months and before i started i didn't even know what a packet was and now im hooked on cisco :P well almost lol going for the MCSE next year along with the higher cisco exams.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys!! Hopefully I can be ready in a few months.