Options

Is this exam worth it?

steveo1985steveo1985 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, i've been studying for the CCDA exam for the past 2 weeks and have found it to be very interesting and i enjoy revising for it (must be something wrong there lol) anyway im wondering if its the right choice not many people at techexams seems to be taking this exam route, i haven't recieved any replys to my posts in that forum :P

any advice would be greatfully recieved.

many thanks to all who post :D

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think there is much demand for the certification in the market place if thats what you mean by worth it. Actually I don't think I have ever came across a job posting asking for it. I have read through the top down design book for the knowledge, but I don't really plan on taking the cert for now. I might take it if I plan to get my CCDP one day. Design isn't something that is really an associate level position in my opinion anyway. Would you hire an associate to design your network? It can't hurt you though and I guess you would have something up on a person who doesn't have it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It can't hurt you though and I guess you would have something up on a person who doesn't have it.
    Word!

Sometimes it's not about where the cert will take you, but the knowledge you aquire by attaining it. It also shows drive, ambition, wilingness to learn. Certs can show softskills just as much as tech skills.

Just because employers aren't actively seeking DA's doesn't mean that it will not be respected and taken into consideration in an interview. It gives you something to talk about and you can tell the interviewer what you learned by preparing for the cert that would be relevant to the position.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    steveo1985steveo1985 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the post Netstudent :D
  • Options
    mrjmrj Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've heard it was pretty pointless. I'm actually going to look at the curriculum tonight because it sounds interesting. I prefer the more network-architecture related work that it supposedly entails.