Options

Books for CCNP Exam Preparation

whitbychwhitbych Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those already CCNP certified, which book series is best for Preperation for the exams? I found Sybex to be pretty thorough in CCNA but they don't have a CCNP series.

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually I think they do but for the Professional level certifications if you are not using the Official Cisco Courseware which can only be gotten by taking a Cisco course the next best woulod be Cisco Press.

Also, do not short change yourself. There are 2 series of books. One is the self-study and the other the certification series. The best scenario is to read both for each exam but if you HAD to choose only one, usually the self-study books go into more detail than the Exam certification guides. Probably more than you need for the exam but heck it is still worthwhile info.

Good luck! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Other than the official courseware, Cisco Press books (or the online documentation) are the only real study option for the CCNP that contain all the material you need to learn.

If you're motivated, or still confused about something after reading the recommended books, then the Doyle-Cisco Press Routing TCP/IP books could be useful as another study source for the BSCI exam.

At the CCNP Level you should also be checking out the Cisco Online Documentation. For another study source you can use one of the IOS IP Configuration Guides for BSCI and one of the Switch Configuration Guides for BCMSN.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!