Options

Someone please ANSWER! Can't be that hard.

deviantlifexdeviantlifex Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey whatsup guys, my co-worker and I are debating on how to setup the physical frame-relay connection for a new lab. Using 4 routers. 3 outer laying routers and 1 in the middle as FR switch.

We have 4 routers each with a T1 interface card.

Now we need to know whether we could simulate a frame relay connection between 3 routers and 1 router in the middle as the FR switch using 3 T1 interfaces on the FR switch in the middle and 1 T1 card in each other router connecting straight to the FR switch.

OR

would is be better using a WIC-1T card on 3 routers connecting to a FR switch in the middle with a NM-8A/S card.

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It would be cheaper to go the WIc-1t route. I don;t think one option is better or worse. I'm pretty sure you can create a frame switch with mulitple T1 cards in the frame switch. I think you would create the frame routes between the T1 interfaces just like any other serial inetrface on a frame switch.. You may want to ghost that other post.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Hey whatsup guys, my co-worker and I are debating on how to setup the physical frame-relay connection for a new lab. Using 4 routers. 3 outer laying routers and 1 in the middle as FR switch.

We have 4 routers each with a T1 interface card.

Now we need to know whether we could simulate a frame relay connection between 3 routers and 1 router in the middle as the FR switch using 3 T1 interfaces on the FR switch in the middle and 1 T1 card in each other router connecting straight to the FR switch.

OR

would is be better using a WIC-1T card on 3 routers connecting to a FR switch in the middle with a NM-8A/S card.

deviantlifex,

Which specific router model(s) do you have?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
This discussion has been closed.