Options

Citrix problems

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay I'm pretty new with Citrix so lets see how goofy I am.

I am having a couple of problems. We have Citrix PS 4.0 in our environment.

#1 When a user is logged into the web interface of Citrix they select the log off option to completely get out. When they do this it disconnects their session instead of logging them out. I found a check box that is checked that says something like "users will log off from their sessions instead of disconnecting from them". So I'm not real sure why it will not log them off completely.

#2 I just enabled timeouts through the CCC by going to ica-tcp - advanced - and selecting the timeout options I wanted to enable. I logged every disconnected session off so everyone will start over and hopefully pick up the new settings. However people are going over 60 minutes (what I set it at) in idle time and going over 30 minutes in disconnected session time.

Stupid and obviously untrue thing to say but its like Citrix isn't accepting any of my options. lol
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. What happens when you log in to a custom ICA connection to the desktop and then log off. does the session close properly or hang out there as a disconnected session?

2. Check the properties of the individual user account and make sure that they do not have their own timeout settings. These will override what you add in the ccc.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ajs1976 wrote:
    1. What happens when you log in to a custom ICA connection to the desktop and then log off. does the session close properly or hang out there as a disconnected session?

2. Check the properties of the individual user account and make sure that they do not have their own timeout settings. These will override what you add in the ccc.

1. Trying to figure out a way to do this... I'm totally sad. lol

2. From what I have learned it uses the user account settings as long as you have inherit user connection settings on. I unchecked this box to put my own settings in the ccc. Nevertheless the user accounts have Never set in them as they all do by default.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The setting you are looking for is in the web interface configuration I believe.

I don't have the console in front of me, but check the 'manage workspace control' settings.

There should be a check box for LogOff, log off all sessions when exiting web interface. Something to that wording.

Give it try.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    ajs1976 wrote:

1. Trying to figure out a way to do this... I'm totally sad. lol

you need a computer that has the full program neighborhood installation. From there you should be able to find an icon for Add ICA connection
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    xevious wrote:
    The setting you are looking for is in the web interface configuration I believe.

I don't have the console in front of me, but check the 'manage workspace control' settings.

There should be a check box for LogOff, log off all sessions when exiting web interface. Something to that wording.

Give it try.

Yeah that is the check box that was already checked. Still not working properly.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Uncheck it so it doesn't log off the sessions when exiting WI.
  • Options
    #2 was solved by rebooting the Citrix machine. After the reboot the configurations were not set anymore for some reason. I set them after the reboot (this is the 2nd time I set them) and it worked this time. No idea why it needed a reboot.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    My next question... (I need an overall picture of something before I start under standing it in depth and learning Citrix on the fly has been tough)

There seems to be 4 methods that you can use to connect to the Citrix server to access published applications.

1) Java
    2) Citrix Program Neighborhood Agent
    3) ica32t
    4) Citrix Program Neighborhood

The differences are...

1 is slower but more common on PCs
    2 Needs a PNA connection built on your web interface of your Citrix web server. The configurations are stored on the server side instead on every machine. Faster to download and less overhead.
    3 ?? Configuration stored on the local machine
    4 Includes all access from RDP/ICA directly to the farm/web. Configuration stored??

Does this make sense?

You may learn something!