Options

ssh on catalyst switch

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Ok,

THis one is more for work than anything....

Do I need an activation key to run an SSH compatablie IOS on a catalyst switch?

I have a CCO account, and I need to get SSH working on a catalyst switch, but my boss is afraid that I will blow away the activation key.

I am pretty sure this will not be an issue, because last time I upgraded the IOS of a switch to enable ssh I didn't have an activation code...

But i need to confirm this so I don't any issues...

It is a 2960 switch.
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think the 2960 has an activation code, only the 3560E and 3750E at the moment. Besides if it's an ipservices license, as long as it's an upgrde to a new version of ipservices you're fine.

I will look at the 2960's here later today. They came preinstalled with lanbasek9 so there was no configuration required by me.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Thanks...

Whats the K9 feature?

I know some of the ASA's and PIX's we have need an activation key, but I thought that was for VPN, and number of supported users...
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "K9" is what you're after for ssh. It enables AES encryption on the switch so it can act as an SSH server. It does not allow you to use the switch as an IPSec endpoint however.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    ah I found what your talking about!

Thanks !!!

The image has the k9 in the name, so hopefully I can load it reload and bingo!

Well I still got to setup SSH.

But anyway thanks again!