desktop application distribution technology????

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
Hi everyone does any one know what is mean desktop application distribution technology?
What exactly mean I have seen it in job qualification help pleaseeeeee

Thank you

Comments

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hudda wrote:
    Hi everyone does any one know what is mean desktop application distribution technology?
    What exactly mean I have seen it in job qualification help pleaseeeeee

Thank you

WSUS or Symantec Altiris are a popular choice of software for desktop application distribution. All this means is how does the company deploy applications to the client's. Id suggest some reading on the popular types like WSUS, it's very handy to say the least.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mm... can be many i guess. can be how you deploy desktop software for installation (as in systems management server software) or just deploy software to use (as in terminal service).
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mm... can be many i guess. can be how you deploy desktop software for installation (as in systems management server software) or just deploy software to use (as in terminal service).

Yeh this is a good point, could also mean Terminal Service installation which could house several clients using their apps....
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here are some things to look into:

Using GPOs to publish software installation files
    Terminal Services
    Using Citrix presentation server to publish applications
    SMS
    Ghosting a machine with in image that has software updates installed.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Novell ZenWorks also has this capability

I don't know what ultimately happened to the product, but there used to be Seagate Desktop Management as well.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    From a Microsoft point of view, also read up on the Microsoft Installer (MSI) and the details of deploying .NET applications.
  • huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    actually it says automated desktop application distribution technology? still i did not get it.................